Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Marvel's X-23 ( Laura Kenny) by Volzilla & Skhsato123
by skhsato123 Today at 11:47 am

» NEW Yolomate's palettes blind man creator!
by yolomate Today at 10:34 am

» The MMV News
by yolomate Today at 10:33 am

» SNK chuchoryu!! the King of Mugen...XD not true
by kyoman Today at 9:53 am

» My Spriteworks
by WlanmaniaX Today at 9:43 am

» What are some Underated MUGEN Characters?
by tehdevil Today at 9:38 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Share | 

Has MUGEN been ever changing your video gaming experience/habit/preference?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

No - reasons?
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes - reason?
100%
 100% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
borewood2013

PostSubject: Has MUGEN been ever changing your video gaming experience/habit/preference?   March 14th 2017, 2:11 pm

Has MUGEN been ever changing your video gaming experience/habit/preference? Question

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me, MUGEN has already been changing my video gaming experience/habit/preference since the first time I discovered that (back to the year of 2004........) pig

Before MUGEN, I usually played video games on some consoles I had -- a Nintendo 8-bit Famicom (bought by my grandparents), a NEC PC-Engine (bought by me with many months of $$$ saving up), a Nintendo 16-bit Super Famicom (bought by my rich relative for one of my birthdays).  Later on, I started to play some PC games when those were not available on my very limited set of video games consoles.  After I discovered MUGEN, I got hooked to that like no tomorrow, like, I gave almost more than 50% of my video gaming times to MUGEN:

in case servimg not working for you...:

If those official video game manufacturers/developers/publishers see my above "borewood2013 video gaming range since his MUGEN life" PIE CHART, then I think they must be getting very mad about it........... tongue

I am not saying MUGEN can overtake the officially (and professionally) made video games, I just want to say that MUGEN has already made many of my video gaming dreams come true...........while I still love all the video games I have ever played on my FC/PCE/SFC/PC! farao

Before MUGEN: borewood2013 paid much attention to new video games/PC games news;
After MUGEN:   borewood2013 paid much more attention to MUGEN releases news.

Since most of the MUGEN contents I have downloaded and tried are some video source game conversions (I have downloaded many original MUGEN contents too!), sometimes it is hard to avoid trying to compare a MUGEN conversion to its video source game self, I don't care much about MUGEN<=>source game accuracy, as long as it is playable in my MUGEN.  Dream matches in MUGEN are what I care more. yes

Moreover, since I have never owned any newer/next-gen video game consoles besides my old FC/PCE/SFC, for some video games not available to me, I wanted to try them out but no way for me, MUGEN is able to compensate this video gaming insufficiency to me, for example, I don't have a Nintendo 3DS and I don't have a chance to try out the "Dragon Ball Z Super Extreme Butoden 3DS", then eventually many cool MUGEN authors have been mugenizing more and more "Dragon Ball Z Super Extreme Butoden" characters so for now that I am able to try them out in my MUGEN!  cheers 

This kind of "video gaming insufficiency compensation" is one (1) of the greatest things MUGEN has been offering to me since I discovered that!  

The next greatest thing about how MUGEN has changed my video gaming experience/habit/preference is that, it lets me to give a try on making some MUGEN contents by my own!  Idea  Before MUGEN, I have never imagined the day when I am able to actually make things to play with, even though I just do MUGEN conversions (in sucky quality but fine to myself) without any original contents because I do not know how to draw any thing at all  Crying or Very sad  ............well, being able to try to convert some of my video game liking to my MUGEN has already made me happy like a heck, I am really satisfied by MUGEN'ing and do not mind it has already changed my video gaming experience/habit/preference like that. Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, please allow to ask you again:
"Has MUGEN been ever changing your video gaming experience/habit/preference? Question "

Last edited by borewood2013 on March 14th 2017, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Has MUGEN been ever changing your video gaming experience/habit/preference?   March 14th 2017, 2:17 pm

for me changes but no much! I like created palettes, stages etc but need more ideas!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doom

PostSubject: Re: Has MUGEN been ever changing your video gaming experience/habit/preference?   March 15th 2017, 9:19 am

Before I played old or small games of pc, and games of old consoles in emulator. After knowing MUGEN, almost all my time on the PC is for him, either editing or posting in the forums [currently only MMV]. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: Has MUGEN been ever changing your video gaming experience/habit/preference?   March 16th 2017, 1:30 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about the very awesome video game emulators!

Video game emulators not only help preserve video game history but also count as an essential part of MUGEN making!  yes

Well, to me, video game emulations on PC...........kind of do not belong to PC gaming, but they run on a PC........yet the emulation contents are not from a PC game.............. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
NamelessOnlinePlayer

PostSubject: Re: Has MUGEN been ever changing your video gaming experience/habit/preference?   March 16th 2017, 2:01 pm

To an extent it has, but I still play regular video games, just not as much as before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl_qw6J6u1OSvtQFmnEepJQ
Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Has MUGEN been ever changing your video gaming experience/habit/preference?   March 16th 2017, 4:25 pm

I learned to enjoy 2d fighting games... i only used to want to play tekken as a kid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mega_Man

PostSubject: Re: Has MUGEN been ever changing your video gaming experience/habit/preference?   March 16th 2017, 4:38 pm

No idea. Before MUGEN, I was a casual MK and KOF player. Nothing really changed except that I learned to like Street Fighter after that Ryu character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: Has MUGEN been ever changing your video gaming experience/habit/preference?   March 16th 2017, 4:40 pm

NamelessOnlinePlayer wrote:
To an extent it has, but I still play regular video games, just not as much as before.
Indeed! Exclamation   I guess nobody actually gives up all the regular video games solely for MUGEN, especially the good old video games that one grew up with........... yes

Mistah Jorge wrote:
I learned to enjoy 2d fighting games... i only used to want to play tekken as a kid
And.....has MUGEN ever helped you with any fighting game experience at all? Question

Mega_Man wrote:
No idea. Before MUGEN, I was a casual MK and KOF player. Nothing really changed except that I learned to like Street Fighter after that Ryu character.
This is how MUGEN changed your fighting game experience/habit/preference -- introducing you to Street Fighter preference by a mugenized Ryu -- in your MUGEN case! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Has MUGEN been ever changing your video gaming experience/habit/preference?   March 16th 2017, 6:19 pm

I learned to play 2d game fighters, because of mugen, keep this in mind: actual game inputs might be harder to pull off than mugen inputs, because they might require strictier timing into canceling moves in street fighter another example is that in games (like sfa3) games don't correct tiny input mistakes, per example on the contrary to mugen
an example is that if you do something like: 02 03 04 02 03 punch mugen auto corrects (mostly) the input into 02 03 04 02 02 03 04 punch in sf games you wont get so lucky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: Has MUGEN been ever changing your video gaming experience/habit/preference?   March 19th 2017, 5:10 am

Mistah Jorge wrote:
I learned to play 2d game fighters, because of mugen, keep this in mind: actual game inputs might be harder to pull off than mugen inputs, because they might require strictier timing into canceling moves in street fighter another example is that in games (like sfa3) games don't correct tiny input mistakes, per example on the contrary to mugen
an example is that if you do something like: 02 03 04 02 03 punch mugen auto corrects (mostly) the input into 02 03 04 02 02 03 04 punch in sf games you wont get so lucky

Very true! yes  Just look at the very 1st first Street Fight I (Fighting Street) control inputs...........so much harder to pull off special moves!
But I know a small hand motion trick that can let me do Ryu's Shoryuken in Street Fight I every time I want heh hah.... Laughing

Hey wait, I almost have forgotten MASA has mugenized a SF1Ryu that can mimic the super hard control inputs of the very 1st first Street Fight I (Fighting Street)! tongue
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Discussion-
Jump to: