A place to have fun with Mugen
 
PortalHomeFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Mack the Knife Edited by Gartanham ...
by gartanham Today at 10:29 pm

» New Yolomate palettes part 2, Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the forum.
by yolomate Today at 10:17 pm

» Marvel's Black Panther
by arose87 Today at 4:32 pm

» Mugen tutorial Combo Breaker!! Killer Instinct [PT-BR] by Ian Miguel
by ramongtg Today at 3:38 pm

» Mugen tutorial sons de combo do Killer instinct [PT-BR] by Ian Miguel
by ramongtg Today at 3:30 pm

» Roaring_Flame_NekoCYAN [re-uploaded by RAMON GARCIA]
by ramongtg Today at 2:41 pm

Special Features at MMV







Chat on MMV w/ Discord


Share | 
 

 How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I-Skorp-I

avatar

Posts : 595
Join date : 2013-01-01
Age : 28
Location : Akron Ohio

PostSubject: How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?   Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:32 pm

My laptop doesn't have a "Pause" button like most other laptops do so i was wondering if there was another way to pause it? Or can i go threw my Mugen.cfg or system.def or something to figure out a way to pause it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ƒ}ƒbƒXƒ‹Dƒtƒ@ƒCƒg



Posts : 26
Join date : 2015-08-10
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?   Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:47 pm

If your keyboard lacks a Pause Break button, the only other way to pause Mugen is to hold FN and PGUP/Page Up. At least on this old laptop I have. If it says Pause on the key and it doesn't pause Mugen, you may need to hold FN and press it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I-Skorp-I

avatar

Posts : 595
Join date : 2013-01-01
Age : 28
Location : Akron Ohio

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?   Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:34 pm

@ƒ}ƒbƒXƒ‹Dƒtƒ@ƒCƒg wrote:

Yeah so i definitely tried that and it didn't work. I even pressed and held down the Fn key and pressed every key on the keyboard and still didn't pause it. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Someone please help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeleFresh

avatar

Posts : 131
Join date : 2012-05-28
Location : Toronto, Canada

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?   Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:29 pm

I don't have a pause button, but FN+P works for me. Try that, but be very specific when you click them. I find i sometimes have to do it twice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Capcomnator

avatar

Posts : 2927
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 27
Location : Adelaide - South of Australia - Capcom Stuff Maker

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?   Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:08 pm

i use only the pause/break for it and works for me.

but if you are using a joystick is better you use the joypad config to setup the keyboard for to be emulated by the joystick.

set up the pause/break to start in joystick.

use it : JoyToKey
http://joytokey.net/en/download


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistah Jorge

avatar

Posts : 2109
Join date : 2013-07-04
Age : 20
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?   Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:11 pm

@I-Skorp-I wrote:


Yeah so i definitely tried that and it didn't work. I even pressed and held down the Fn key and pressed every key on the keyboard and still didn't pause it. Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad Someone please help!
wich mugen version do you have?
If 1.1 then there's an alternative way to pause
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I-Skorp-I

avatar

Posts : 595
Join date : 2013-01-01
Age : 28
Location : Akron Ohio

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?   Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:42 pm

@Mistah Jorge wrote:
@I-Skorp-I wrote:


Yeah so i definitely tried that and it didn't work. I even pressed and held down the Fn key and pressed every key on the keyboard and still didn't pause it. Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad Someone please help!
wich mugen version do you have?
If 1.1 then there's an alternative way to pause

I use 1.1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I-Skorp-I

avatar

Posts : 595
Join date : 2013-01-01
Age : 28
Location : Akron Ohio

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?   Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:01 pm

@DeleFresh wrote:
I don't have a pause button, but FN+P works for me.  Try that, but be very specific when you click them.  I find i sometimes have to do it twice.

Nah the Fn+P didn't work for me either. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Capcomnator

avatar

Posts : 2927
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 27
Location : Adelaide - South of Australia - Capcom Stuff Maker

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?   Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:25 pm

Very strange , it´s basic too much.

it´s not a complicated command, it´s a automatic thing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistah Jorge

avatar

Posts : 2109
Join date : 2013-07-04
Age : 20
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:22 am

@I-Skorp-I wrote:
@Mistah Jorge wrote:
@I-Skorp-I wrote:


Yeah so i definitely tried that and it didn't work. I even pressed and held down the Fn key and pressed every key on the keyboard and still didn't pause it. Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad Someone please help!
wich mugen version do you have?
If 1.1 then there's an alternative way to pause

I use 1.1
Here's an alternative solution:

  1. Go to the data folder that's in your mugen folder;
  2. Search for the file "mugen.cfg" and open it with the notepad;
  3. Locate the folowing piece of code and set it to 1:
    "PauseOnDefocus = 0"


With this the game pauses automatically when you're doing something else than playing mugen while the window is open but minimized, might not be the solution you want but you might need this just in case you can't find the pause button
BTW, do you have the print screen button?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I-Skorp-I

avatar

Posts : 595
Join date : 2013-01-01
Age : 28
Location : Akron Ohio

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:16 pm

@Mistah Jorge wrote:
@I-Skorp-I wrote:
@Mistah Jorge wrote:
@I-Skorp-I wrote:


Yeah so i definitely tried that and it didn't work. I even pressed and held down the Fn key and pressed every key on the keyboard and still didn't pause it. Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad Someone please help!
wich mugen version do you have?
If 1.1 then there's an alternative way to pause

I use 1.1
Here's an alternative solution:

  1. Go to the data folder that's in your mugen folder;
  2. Search for the file "mugen.cfg" and open it with the notepad;
  3. Locate the folowing piece of code and set it to 1:
    "PauseOnDefocus = 0"


With this the game pauses automatically when you're doing something else than playing mugen while the window is open but minimized, might not be the solution you want but you might need this just in case you can't find the pause button
BTW, do you have the print screen button?

Hmm...for some reason it's not in there. o_O And yes i have the Print Screen button. i even tried pressing Fn+Print Screen and it didn't work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I-Skorp-I

avatar

Posts : 595
Join date : 2013-01-01
Age : 28
Location : Akron Ohio

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:10 pm

NVM EVERYONE PROBLEM IS SOLVED! i had to redownload mugen 1.1 in order to get that code. Thanks to everyone who tried to help out! I seriously appreciated it! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sledge



Posts : 28
Join date : 2016-07-13

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:29 am

I don't have a pause break key, and nothing of the other solutions help either, sadly. D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistah Jorge

avatar

Posts : 2109
Join date : 2013-07-04
Age : 20
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:17 am

really? like not even pause on defocus?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?   

Back to top Go down
 
How Can I Pause My Mugen Game Play?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Help-
Jump to: