Share | 

SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!   January 12th 2017, 5:58 am

@Mistah Jorge wrote:
i think he ment that he has no moves that should not be able to be blocked low, i also think most of air attacks shouldn't be blocked while being crouched, it should be enough to fix it i guess...
Idea yes
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!   January 12th 2017, 6:06 am

this was supposed to be with my other post but since you already replied so putting this here instead:

My idea of fixing the cape stuff was to make a cape invisible through use of smart palettes (making the cape invisible in some palettes through using invisible/transparent colors), i know the limits of mugen's hit animations, but you are right, the cape thing is tons of work, it's better to save it for last, i'm just leaving this idea for you here

(I'm not sure it's possible though, i tried to make a palette for my dan where his gi is invisible, but no matter what i do: the opacity of the colors i change change back to 255)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus_Silverhead

PostSubject: Re: SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!   January 12th 2017, 7:23 am

@Mistah Jorge wrote:
this was supposed to be with my other post but since you already replied so putting this here instead:

My idea of fixing the cape stuff was to make a cape invisible through use of smart palettes (making the cape invisible in some palettes through using invisible/transparent colors), i know the limits of mugen's hit animations, but you are right, the cape thing is tons of work, it's better to save it for last, i'm just leaving this idea for you here

(I'm not sure it's possible though, i tried to make a palette for my dan where his gi is invisible, but no matter what i do: the opacity of the colors i change change back to 255)

Impossible how to me... How to make the cape disappear if Superman standing from the back?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metamutant

PostSubject: Re: SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!   January 12th 2017, 7:57 am

There are some very good things in this character. A separate Cyborg Superman would be awesome. Best luck in continuing to improve this character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asterione

PostSubject: Re: SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!   January 12th 2017, 8:43 am

@metamutant wrote:
There are some very good things in this character.  A separate Cyborg Superman would be awesome. Best luck in continuing to improve this character.

Related to the previous point, I'd really like to have the "Eradicator mode" as a standalone character (there is no Eradicator in mugen and this char is awesome!). In principle, this should be easy to accomplish as one should simply comment out in the "def" file the palletes that are not interesting. Like in the example below,

Code:

[Info]
name ="Superman Beyond"
displayname ="Eradicator"
versiondate =
mugenversion =
author ="Angelus_Silverhead, JARRO77 and borewood2013"
pal.defaults =7,

[Files]
sprite =Template.sff
anim =Template.air
sound =Template.snd
cmd =Template.cmd
cns =Template.cns
stcommon =Common1.cns
st =Basics.st
;pal1=Beyond.act
;pal2=Beyond_2.act
;pal3=Eradicator_armor_2.act
;pal4=New_52.act
;pal5=Blue_Superman.act
;pal6=Cyborg_Superman.act
pal7=Eradicator_Reign_Of_Superman.act
;pal8=Futures_end.act
;pal9=Reign_of_Superman_Comic.act
;pal10=Kingdom_come.act
;pal11=Justice_lords.act
;pal12=Ultraman_COTW.act
st1=Specials.st
st2=Hypers.st
st3=Statedef-2.st
st4=Statedef-3.st
st5=Flight.st
st6=Extra.st

However if I do so, the character is in "Eradicator mode" but still retains the pallette of Superman Beyond. Am I doing something wrong?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus_Silverhead

PostSubject: Re: SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!   January 12th 2017, 8:57 am

Yeah. You should to delete Superman Beyond other palettes from the palette list. Use only Eradicator's palette.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus_Silverhead

PostSubject: Re: SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!   January 12th 2017, 8:58 am

But any way, cape mode work not in all palettes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fede de 10

PostSubject: Re: SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!   January 12th 2017, 9:53 am

Sencillamente brillante, uno de los mejores chars que he visto... Pero creo que usted deberia colocar un select palet, al inicio para poder elegir la paleta deseada

Simply brilliant, one of the best chars I've ever seen ... But I think you should put a select palet at the beginning so you can choose the desired palette

como asi tambien mas movimientos speciales. Es increible como adapto el movimiento lazer segun la pallete. Sinceramente felicidades y gran trabajo

s well as more special moves. It is incredible as I adapt the lazer movement according to the pallete. Sincerely, congratulations and great work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doom

PostSubject: Re: SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!   January 12th 2017, 11:15 am

@fede de 10 wrote:
But I think you should put a select palet at the beginning so you can choose the desired palette

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!   January 12th 2017, 11:46 am

@Angelus_Silverhead wrote:
@Mistah Jorge wrote:

Impossible how to me... How to make the cape disappear if Superman standing from the back?
from our point of view, (or the player) most of his (superman) hit sprites has his cape on the back, not on the front of his sprites
(does it look like i'm trying to force you? it looks like to me that i'm insisting on you guys to do what i'm sayng, i'm just actually trying to make my idea clear here)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus_Silverhead

PostSubject: Re: SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!   January 12th 2017, 11:56 am

@Mistah Jorge wrote:
@Angelus_Silverhead wrote:
@Mistah Jorge wrote:

from our point of view, (or the player) most of his (superman) hit sprites has his cape on the back, not on the front of his sprites
(does it look like i'm trying to force you? it looks like to me that i'm insisting on you guys to do what i'm sayng, i'm just actually trying to make my idea clear here)

Doest it seems that I'am angry? Smile I just think that it will be a little bit hard to do. But why not. We could try. I just not sure that it will work well. Actually, I even do do not know how to make some colors on palette transparent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!   January 12th 2017, 1:01 pm

First, thank you Mistah Jorge for your innovative MUGEN advise that wants to make the cape MUGEN Helper work in a more better way.
Second, after I re-read your MUGEN advise, I can say that it might be do-able, only if these current conditions are overcome Arrow :
1) all cape sprites can have only one (1) transparency color, because the number of a sprite's transparency color is exactly one (1) and one (1) only to tell the foreground and background contrast, but most cape sprites now are having more than one (1) colors;
2) the current Superman Beyond's SFF file is still using the old winmugen SFF version.  It must rely on 8-bit winmugen ACT palette files in order for a in-game palette change.  If any color in the 8-bit sprites & palettes is picked as the transparency, then there is no MUGEN code to use to make it to non-transparency (no, PalFx/Trans cannot turn a sprite's original transparency to non-transparency No ).  You know a 8-bit graphic has many limits........ ;
3) for now the cape MUGEN Helper is using ownpal = 0 as the default value, so for the 23 MUGEN Required Sprites that are having transparent capes, when changing to using ownpal = 1, all the cape sprites need to be re-done to have all the smart palettes, yet again, there is no MUGEN code to use to make it to non-transparency.  winmugen ACT files are not supposed to be able to change transparency color...........

However, these three (3) current conditions seem to be impossible to overcome for now, at least I don't know how to......... scratch

This is all about MUGEN Engine limits on custom sprites/animations......these limits do ruin many interesting features, like, if MUGEN Engine graphics and code supported more on such issues, then my "The Rumble Fish 2" custom MUGEN characters would already have the source game unique feature -- "Parts Crush" -- when getting hit from time to time, sprites showing more and more broken clothes to reveal more body parts.... riiiggghhht

Last edited by borewood2013 on January 12th 2017, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!   January 12th 2017, 1:10 pm

@Doom wrote:
@fede de 10 wrote:
But I think you should put a select palet at the beginning so you can choose the desired palette

Twisted Evil

Sorry but this Superman Beyond is still using the old winmugen sprites file (SFF) format..........in-game palette selector works ONLY with the MUGEN1.0/1.1 sprites file (SFF) format....... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Doom

PostSubject: Re: SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!   January 12th 2017, 3:10 pm

@borewood2013 wrote:
@Doom wrote:
@fede de 10 wrote:

Twisted Evil

Sorry but this Superman Beyond is still using the old winmugen sprites file (SFF) format..........in-game palette selector works ONLY with the MUGEN1.0/1.1 sprites file (SFF) format....... Embarassed

I did not know it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!   January 12th 2017, 3:16 pm

A quick 2017-01-13_small_MUGEN_update Smile :

- fixed the "Add a little pause after flying punch and hard kick" suggested by Angelus_Silverhead
  * actually now the flying punch has three (3) versions, each one works a bit different, and all of them now have noticeable move-end pause...
  * actually now both standing normal hard punch&kick cannot be chained into/from each other...
- fixed the "Fix throw problem for Superman (we must check Cyborg and regular mode work normal for all palettes);" suggested by Angelus_Silverhead
- fixed the "basic attacks should not do blockable damage because gameplay standards" suggested by Mistah Jorge
- fixed the "perhaps in his intro where he lands and punchs the ground maybe you should make it's own animation like superman would still be crouching but with a fist touching the ground" suggested by Mistah Jorge
- fixed the "Has no overheads." and "i think he ment that he has no moves that should not be able to be blocked low, i also think most of air attacks shouldn't be blocked while being crouched, it should be enough to fix it i guess..." suggested by Mistah Jorge and BrawlTheMan/CWC/Dynatron
- fixed the "Using the breath move, the shadows of both him and the opponent disappear." suggested by BrawlTheMan/CWC/Dynatron

Please download the small updated "SupermanBeyond_MUGEN_WIP_2017-01-13_update1.rar" (15.1MB) here Arrow :
https://www.sendspace.com/file/4bxsm6
or
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ktbdr36w5vmao76/SupermanBeyond_MUGEN_WIP_2017-01-13_update1.rar

MORE MUGEN UPDATES ARE COMING!!! Smile Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down

SUPERMAN BEYOND BETA UPDATED!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Releases :: Characters-
Jump to: