:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tyrant from Resident Evil released
by FlavioCamarao Today at 7:38 pm

» Street Fighter IV Legacy
by LESSARD Today at 4:52 pm

» Release Elektra 2.4 by Fede de 10
by malevka1 Today at 4:16 pm

» The Unofficial 2017 Halloween MMV Event (personal)!
by borewood2013 Today at 3:23 pm

» My old Halloween Stages release by OldGamer
by borewood2013 Today at 3:03 pm

» If you have played Resident Evil before then you must see this mini live-action Resident Evil (YouTube)!
by Doom Today at 3:01 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Share | 

Complete Offline Mugen Character Coding Guide ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlueSpiderX

PostSubject: Complete Offline Mugen Character Coding Guide ?   December 25th 2016, 4:47 am

You guys know why am I looking for that, right ? Yep, that's right. I decided to learn Mugen coding myself.

I know there's a lot of help from the internet and our community, but I was wondering if there's a complete offline guide like a .pdf file or something, because I occasionally ran out of internet quota

Thanks ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: Complete Offline Mugen Character Coding Guide ?   December 27th 2016, 2:23 pm

In my MUGEN opinion..........the best offline MUGEN making guide is the one by Elecbyte, in your MUGEN folders Arrow :
--> mugen\docs\ (all the .html files)
After reading all the Elecbyte's MUGEN making guide, you can try to edit a few things to get some hands-on MUGEN making experience study :
--> mugen\data\common1.cns
--> mugen\chars\kfm (all Kung Fu Man's MUGEN files)

I am not sure whether there is a nice PDF/DOC file for a MUGEN making guide out there......... scratch

Well, Elecbyte's MUGEN making guide is not that bad; at least this is something I once used with when I started my MUGEN making back in the MUGEN year of 2010....... geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
BlueSpiderX

PostSubject: Re: Complete Offline Mugen Character Coding Guide ?   December 28th 2016, 12:32 pm

Well, apparently I downloaded ALL of Ryon's tutorial a couple days ago, and I figured that I sometimes needed the docs tutorial.

Thanks for helpin though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: Complete Offline Mugen Character Coding Guide ?   December 29th 2016, 1:09 pm

Yes, Ryon's MUGEN skill has been inspiring me for many MUGEN years! yes

When it comes to looking up some MUGEN code details and grammar, nothing can beat Elecbyte's MUGEN docs! king

By the way, from my MUGEN experience, MUGEN coding depends greatly on what they call the "trial and error" -- not working, try again, and keep doing the same thing over and over again until you get your wanted MUGEN results. study

And, to me, some times when I want to code a particular feature for a MUGEN character, but fail too many times that even "trial and error" does not work any more, then I will try to find some other MUGEN characters that have the similar feature.  A MUGEN Reference.......of course credits due to the respective MUGEN creator(s)/author(s).

Moreover, there are usually online MUGEN forums (i.e. here in MMV) in which you can ask your MUGEN Help questions and I believe those unselfish experienced MUGEN users can give you a MUGEN helping hand. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E

Complete Offline Mugen Character Coding Guide ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Help-
Jump to: