» Looking for this stage
by patz2509 Yesterday at 11:49 pm

by mazemerald Yesterday at 11:34 pm

Special Features at MMV

Share | 

MYTHOS -- Shiruzato's Original Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: MYTHOS -- Shiruzato's Original Project   July 10th 2016, 3:55 am

Hello everyone. I haven't contributed much to the community outside of a few edits and collaborations, so I figured that it was time to change that.

There's one aspect of MUGEN that's never taken seriously, even as character quality increases and evolves drastically with each new professional release; "Chibi" characters. While yes, good chibi characters do exist (such as the likes of the NZCR roster), they are often considered diamonds in the rough with gameplay styles that rarely mesh well together. While two characters may both be of high quality, the tendency to make chibi characters overpowered can leave more well-balanced characters at a disadvantage.

And so I give you the Mythos project, a project dedicated to adding quality, variety and consistency to a MUGEN scene grossly lacking all three of these things.

Mythos operates on the logic of being simple and yet diverse, while staying as faithful to the source material as possible. While spinoffs will be considered, such as the Smash Bros franchise, characters will mostly be taking inspiration from their main series and be given their most recent and iconic abilities to reflect themselves as an individual character.

Oh, and they also have one major gimmick...

Every Character will be able to transform and/or switch between movesets in battle

Currently, five characters have been developed: Goku, Luffy, Mario, Sonic and Zero. I'll be releasing new characters in batches of five each, and each new batch will also come with updates and patches for existing characters that need them.

Please keep in mind that all mechanics are not final, as more will be tweaked/introduced. Also keep in mind that these characters are balanced and created with each other in mind, and may experience some glitches when fighting other characters. The aim of this project is to cover as many franchises as possible with quality characters for a consistent status quo, NOT to create characters that should rival other creations.

Please also consider that, despite being rather ambitious, this is my first attempt at creating characters of my own and any and all constructive criticism on coding, balancing or presentation is greatly appreciated (no matter how harsh, so don't pull punches if something really ticks you off).

Finally, I'd like to give credit to Laharl for his JUS Kenshin Himura, which was the main inspiration for this project, and Human, whose Goku served as the basis for Mythos' Goku. Unfortunately MUGENCoder's website is down and Human seems to be inactive as of late, but still do your best to check out their other works and pay tribute where you can.

So. Time for what you came for. Characters.

Goku: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuG5-8ksgUQggRHNZOnd80bLh7HB
Luffy: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuG5-8ksgUQggRIcS2UbL8G1puE2
Mario: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuG5-8ksgUQggRB8mEG8FG-kMhCp
Sonic: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuG5-8ksgUQggRTyzdBXS5pRWsQi
Zero: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuG5-8ksgUQggRN7re9g0tCaWa0C

What's Left:
--Character bug fixes
--Various edits to make characters fit their source material better
--A second aerial attack
--A way to cancel Combo1 into Combo2 or visa-versa (without it being cheap)
--Competent AI (I need assistance for this one, please)
--Compatible bosses and minigames, maybe?
--Possibly a screenpack for a full game containing all of these characters (and the potential bosses and minigames)
--More characters, of course!

Lastly, if you have any contributions at all, ranging from glitch reports to moveset advice to sprite sheets to full characters, I would be humbled and happy to accept them with open arms. ^u^
(Please note, however that any fully-programmed characters may be edited by myself for compatibility with other characters or bug fixing)

There's no exact limits as to who can or can't be accepted for the Mythos project, barring a lack of resources or interest, though any characters specifically made by me will likely be made out of interest for the character/franchise.

So um... Yeah. that's about it. I'm really pumped to do this and I hope you're pumped to take part (or at least that you just have fun with the characters)! The next batch is already being worked on, so stay tuned for the next update if any of you are interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: MYTHOS -- Shiruzato's Original Project   July 10th 2016, 2:10 pm

Woow !! affraid
Already you have ready the first pack !! ??
Is incredible ...
Thank you very much ... Razz
I hope this project get the appreciation it deserves ... yes
I will wait more characters anxious ... bounce
I would like you also launch a screenpack and stages for each character. Embarassed
A lot of luck friend !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: MYTHOS -- Shiruzato's Original Project   July 10th 2016, 2:49 pm

I started playing mugen through those Chibi Naruto characters, and you're really right on your point, most of them are unbalanced and kinda cheap against common chars and other chibis too.

I'm really looking forward to see this project growing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: MYTHOS -- Shiruzato's Original Project   July 11th 2016, 2:05 pm

Thanks for the support, guys! ^u^

As for coming with stages and a screenpack, I uh... I have no experience in making either of those. But I would make this a full game if I had either of those, for sure. If you want to supplying either of those, or know anyone who could supply them, I'd be incredibly thankful for your support. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MYTHOS -- Shiruzato's Original Project
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Releases :: Characters-
Jump to: