Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Eric Draven [The Crow]
by Sledge Today at 5:14 pm

» Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer
by TheRedBeast Today at 5:12 pm

» doctrine dark from street fighter ex released!
by chuchoryu Today at 5:01 pm

» Catwoman by Ninja Brl, Mistah Jorge, and volzzilla released
by Xfields Today at 4:43 pm

» Anti-monitor DC by bam77
by Sledge Today at 4:42 pm

» oNearo Sprites
by oNearo Today at 3:42 pm

Special Features at MMV

Share | 

Tony Stark Is IRON MAN No More - Riri Williams Will Take Over As The Armored Avenger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
borewood2013

PostSubject: Tony Stark Is IRON MAN No More - Riri Williams Will Take Over As The Armored Avenger   July 8th 2016, 7:27 am

Tony Stark Is IRON MAN No More - Riri Williams Will Take Over As The Armored Avenger

Riri Williams is a science genius who enrolls in MIT at the age of 15. She comes to the attention of Tony Stark when she builds her own Iron Man suit in her dorm.

Riri Williams will take over from Tony Stark as Iron Man (they may implement a slight name change there) at some point after the events of Marvel's current event series, Civil War II. The recent Divided We Stand cover seemingly depicted the character as the new War Machine, but obviously Williams has set her sights a little higher.

Though this would seem to spoil the conclusion of Civil War, writer Brian Michael Bendis assures fans that is not the case. "More people are going to be upset that they think they know the ending to Civil War II now than anything we just talked about," he tells Time after commenting on some of the negative reactions to the current rise in diversity in comics. "But I can tell you just because we’re hearing what we’re saying doesn’t know you mean how Civil War II ends. We’re not telling you the end, at all."

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Doom

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stark Is IRON MAN No More - Riri Williams Will Take Over As The Armored Avenger   July 8th 2016, 12:53 pm

Thanks for the info ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Playing Enemy

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stark Is IRON MAN No More - Riri Williams Will Take Over As The Armored Avenger   July 8th 2016, 9:23 pm

Before saying anything, I honestly mean no disrespect or offense to anyone. I've been known to offend unintentionally attempting to make points. That said.

Wow, another stupid ass decision by Marvel so they can appeal to more crowds that never gave a sh*t before, because apparently all the original fans that made the company rich and famous aren't good enough. No offense to girls, but why the hell is Marvel turning all the characters I love and grew up with into girls? Are they trying to tell us something? This is just getting pathetic. I'm sorry girls, but are you not cool or capable enough to be your own new character and not piggy back on already successful characters so that people will accept you? You're just not interesting enough to be your own character or something? Apparently Marvel thinks you aren't. I'm not even a girl, and that makes me mad for them. I'd be just as mad if Jean Grey all the sudden got turned into a dude, or was replaced by one. Leave the damn characters alone. Is billions of dollars not enough money, or enough support from fans to realize you have a lot of them, so you feel you have to undo/edit what you've done to appeal to a new crowd that's more deserving or something because they're not fans? That doesn't even make sense. I'm sorry, but if Wolverine tearing people apart mercilessly doesn't appeal to little kids or sensitive guys and girls, who the f*ck cares? Go read Reading Rainbow. They're not the ones that grew up with the characters and stories and made them famous to begin with. I read that Marvel and DC are altering things about their content to appeal more to gay people and woman, and that they are fighting over which company will win those crowds over the most. Why the f*ck is that even a discussion? If you're gay or a woman, cool. Good for you. Don't you find it offensive that a company thinks they have to make something just like you so that you'll be able to enjoy it, basically saying you have nothing unique about you and that you are just like the rest of your kind, and are defined solely based off your gender or sexual preference? I hope you die Marvel. Thanks for making us wait over 10 years for MvC3 too, and then adding a roster of shit, and changing the game to play nothing close to it's predecessor, at least positively. They're all about their fans though. Totally.

Last thing, promise. Does anyone else here find it pathetic that they changed the Ancient One in Doctor Strange to be a woman actress, even though the character is an old asian (I think) man? They stated the reason being that they felt the character should represent a guy and a girl (meaning transgender) and that actress looks like both and can play both, so she was perfect supposedly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember the Ancient One being a transgender. So one day he's gonna tell himself he's a guy, wake up the next day wanting to wear a dress or pee sitting down so he's going to conveniently identify himself as a woman to fit his needs? That's something Marvel felt needed to be an apparent feature of the Ancient One? Wow Marvel, you guys got your sh*t together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Multimedia Entertainment :: TV, Movies, Comics, etc-
Jump to: