Posts : 140 Join date : 2012-09-30 Age : 19 Location : Algerian living in Canade
Subject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day October 31st 2015, 11:11 am
Not bad but I feel like he lack originality must of his move reused stuff from other game I think it could use more imagination he also need more head sprite since he use the same one on every animation his combo also feel kind of stiff animation need some adjustement and shading is inconcistent in some sprite not bad but still need some work honestly it is alot better that most other dc/marvel character You should probably find a coder for your work
Subject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day October 31st 2015, 1:25 pm
I'm gonna give some feedback on this guy. I'll try not to be harsh, so don't stuff me in a refrigerator if I say something that offends you.
- He has no low attacks, and no overheads. See, in every fighting game (except Justice League Task Force, but that game sucked) air attacks should not be blockable while crouching. That being said, there should also be some low attacks, like the crouching LK, mk and hk. Having neither of these completely neuters the characters normals and mixup ability, and if he were to fight a turtler like Guile, he'd be SOL.
- The special moves are all projectiles with very few differences. The goku attack made me smile, but what makes it different from the beam? I like how the missile homes in on the foe, but It doesn't really serve much of a purpose unless the foe jumps over it. They don't seem to have much originality to them. The most creative move you have is the buzzsaw tho, I do like that one. The others need a little bit more to make them stand out.
- None of them have different variations (for example, QCF+LP is the same as QCF+MP.) Maybe you could make it so that kyle can aim the beam a la cyclops? Or maybe the beam could do more damage depending on the button, like Ironman's unibeam? The Goku special, depending on the button, could change the speed of the attack (though honestly, I think you should change that move to a taunt)? For the missile, maybe you should make it so that the LP version makes him shoot a missile low, which then homes in, the MP version so that the missile goes forward, then homes in, and the HP should fire the missile upwards, and then it homes in on the foe. Maybe you could make it so that the amount of time they chase you depends on the button? There's a lot of fun thinking about what version should do what, so feel free to be as creative as you can.
- The beam is horribly unsafe on hit unless you use it from all the way on the other side of the screen. The Missile attack is seriously unsafe as well when done fairly close, and the moves both miss close up as well.
- a lot of the normals are unsafe on hit, like the HP, so they are useless.
- couple of the normals do chip damage. Unless the game you are from is mortal kombat, this should not be in the char.
I haven't touched on the hypers. Might go over them at some point, but that's all I got so far. If you need screenshots, or need me to elaborate on anything I've said, just lemme know.
Posts : 589 Join date : 2012-06-05 Age : 35 Location : Detroit
Subject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day October 31st 2015, 2:21 pm
All valid criticisms, and I thank you for them, but unfortunately, gameplay mechanics will always be my weakness. I suck at fighting games. Plain and simple. I mean terrible. I can't combo and I don't really understand the complexities and strategies most of you talk about. You say he has no low attacks, but aren't his crouching attacks low attacks, or do you mean it some other way? It's things like that that confuse me. So if you're waiting for me to fix the problems, you're gonna have to wait for me to get good at PLAYING first to understand HOW to fix them, and that may never happen.
I'm not saying that as an excuse, or want you to take it as an attitude, it's just a very real struggle for me. This is, sadly, some of the limitations I have due to my inexperience. I try, but I may not always satisfy. I apologize for my short-comings.