PortalHomeFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» CanFes! Visualization (NSFW)
by Bambino Da Don Today at 3:51 am

» [NSFW] IOF Characters by Hanyu-Maru updated (05/12/2015)
by Bambino Da Don Today at 3:49 am

» [Sora o Aogite Kumo Takaku] Tsuya
by Bambino Da Don Today at 3:48 am

» Akemi By Noodles (NSFW)
by Bambino Da Don Today at 3:46 am

» [NSFW 18+] Yaoi Collection by Russel_182
by Bambino Da Don Today at 3:45 am

» [Legend of Mana] Vadise & Sierra
by Bambino Da Don Today at 3:43 am

Special Features at MMV

Share | 

MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)   July 19th 2015, 12:11 pm

Note: im not sure if images were uploaded correctly since i don't see them, but maybe its something on my end.
Hello there. I doubt you remember me, but i made few rather unbalanced characters with mediocre animations (those static legs...) in the past and never finished some of them (Samus, for example) because i lost interest in MUGEN. While i've got quite rusty with coding, i've been getting far better with animations (and English) and now i actually remember to not leave character's legs static.
Anyway, i decided to redo one of my old characters. Its Ridley of course. Both my old and new Ridleys were broken as f*** even though it was not intentional and had some cringe-worthy stuff like being to talk during the fight. And first one looked like s**t while second one had horrible proportions (giant wings, long head, very long tail).
Screenshot:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Standing animation:
Walking forward:
Walking backwards:
Once again, im using a 3D model for this since i don't want to spend years trying to make sprites for this big guy. I won't have to spend as much time with animations since most of them were done before i even thought of this whole thing. I have found a very convenient way to make screenshots of the model (at the cost of resolution decrease or something), so, everything will go a lot faster than before and since most animations are done at this point, this whole thing shouldn't take more than a month. This time, i'll try to get even more ridicolous with AI, but i'll also try to focus a lot more on balancing because my previous attempts to make Ridley resulted in a boss character even though thats not what i wanted. Tail will still be kept invincible, but mostly because it would be very difficult to do considering how much it should move. Wings and head will mostly be invincible too for same reasons. The only real problem that will remain is file size of the character. Previous time i decided to make animations fluid/smooth, it was around 200mb and that was ridicolous. I already have part of the moveset, but im not sure what kind of gameplay style i should do. Probably won't try to copy anything that already exists, but who knows. I'll try to actually use blood for proper attacks since, well, look at those claws and tail. No true fatalities of course, but still. I decided to keep him a 4-button character...or whatever it should be (light punch, strong punch, light kick, strong kick and fierce/launcher/strong/whatever attack) to make things simpler and to make it easier for me to come up with a moveset.
And this time, i will finish it. Most likely my last creation here and i want to go out on a high note or something. This is just a side project and i have something else im working on, but it doesn't matters here.

Last edited by BaganSmashBros on July 19th 2015, 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bagansmashbros.deviantart.com/
Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)   July 19th 2015, 1:05 pm

Welcome back, Bagan! Looks great! Nice to see your altered Ridley model being used here. Is he still gonna have some of his classic attacks that you've used before? I liked his dashing grab for instance, but since you're trying to balance him more, I'd assume you'd make it less easy to pull off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Varia31
BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)   July 19th 2015, 8:40 pm

@Varia the Hunter wrote:
Welcome back, Bagan! Looks great! Nice to see your altered Ridley model being used here. Is he still gonna have some of his classic attacks that you've used before? I liked his dashing grab for instance, but since you're trying to balance him more, I'd assume you'd make it less easy to pull off.
Yes. That dashing grab will have longer start up, but will still remain full-screen (at least horizontally) command grab.
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)   July 20th 2015, 7:11 am

Perhaps even add a low growl that he does during start-up so that players have an audio cue, as well? Up to you.

I have to say, I liked him having a voice, but I think it might be better if you mainly reserve it for his intros, win poses, and maybe for some Hypers. I do think that he may have been a little too talkative in your last release. Not that it wasn't fun, of course. Wink
Back to top Go down
BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)   July 20th 2015, 9:34 am

@Varia the Hunter wrote:
Perhaps even add a low growl that he does during start-up so that players have an audio cue, as well? Up to you.

I have to say, I liked him having a voice, but I think it might be better if you mainly reserve it for his intros, win poses, and maybe for some Hypers. I do think that he may have been a little too talkative in your last release. Not that it wasn't fun, of course. Wink
I think it will be pretty obvious when he lifts his arm. He will roar only while going forward.

I decided to just scrap that. Didn't sound right. Well, at least voice that you can understand. I'll just use Omega Pirate's voice. Even if i won't use any real voice, he will still be able to laugh. I may make a soundpack or something to bring back his voice, but im not sure.
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)   July 20th 2015, 8:24 pm

of course remember you Smile

and your project looks smokin' hot Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)   July 21st 2015, 4:26 am

@volzzilla wrote:
of course remember you Smile

and your project looks smokin' hot Smile
Thanks.

Light punch animation:
Note: i can show other 2 animation for medium (or strong punch since this is a 4-5 button character) punch and fierce/strong attack used after medium punch, but i have to clean those up to lower their overall size and it takes a while because cropping doesn't works until i remove one small white pixel in the lower right corner.
Its slow (not as slow as on the gif, but still slow), but it deals more damage than your average light punch and has super armor (or whatever it should be if it can be broken with strong attacks) while he swings his arm (but not before or after that). Just to go with the whole "Firebrand+Hulk+Ghost Rider" idea. And to balance out its range (its nearly full-screen because of how big Ridley is and how long his arms are). He is also moving while using it. Medium punch is also done and its just same thing, but stronger, slower and doesn't goes forward as far. And he uses his right arm. Fierce/strong attack, if used after medium punch, turns into a rather strong attack (that still looks like light punch, but slower at the start) that causes wallbounce (but opponent may land on the ground if the stage is too long). Other than that, basic movement is done.
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)   July 28th 2015, 8:16 am

How's progress coming along? I do like how that light punch looks. So you're planning on making his attacks slow but strong?
Back to top Go down
BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)   July 30th 2015, 3:46 pm

@Varia the Hunter wrote:
How's progress coming along? I do like how that light punch looks. So you're planning on making his attacks slow but strong?
I decided to update the model (its overall thinner, has 2x more teeth, longer claws, different textures, etc). And this means redoing every single sprite i added...and that is going to take a while. This is how it looks like right now:
Model is not finished yet, but its not going to take much time to finish it.
I also decided to update standing animation...which means every animation for ground attacks that was done outside of throws needs to be redone. But all of this means that im restarting this thing. I'll keep all of the coding already present of course, but since im redoing so many sprites, i might as well be restarting it. I'll try to use 1.0 for testing so i won't receive so many reports on bugs that i haven't noticed simply because they are not present in 1.1.
And yes, i decided to make him slow, but strong with some super armor. Normal attacks will be pretty fast (especially aerial attacks), but not special attacks.
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)   July 30th 2015, 4:06 pm

Ahhh, nice! He looks excellent and even more classic Ridley-like. I like his eyes looking like that, too! To be honest, I never cared for how he looked with pupils. Here, it looks like he has pupils, but they blend in with the rest of his eye. Very cool. Loving the teeth as well.

Alright, sounds good. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)   July 30th 2015, 4:08 pm

@Varia the Hunter wrote:
Ahhh, nice! He looks excellent and even more classic Ridley-like. I like his eyes looking like that, too! To be honest, I never cared for how he looked with pupils. Here, it looks like he has pupils, but they blend in with the rest of his eye. Very cool. Loving the teeth as well.

Alright, sounds good. Good luck!
Thanks. Pupils should be easier to see though. Both for recolors and to better fit certain poses.
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)   July 30th 2015, 10:52 pm

@BaganSmashBros wrote:

Light punch animation:
Note: i can show other 2 animation for medium (or strong punch since this is a 4-5 button character) punch and fierce/strong attack used after medium punch, but i have to clean those up to lower their overall size and it takes a while because cropping doesn't works until i remove one small white pixel in the lower right corner.
Its slow (not as slow as on the gif, but still slow), but it deals more damage than your average light punch and has super armor (or whatever it should be if it can be broken with strong attacks) while he swings his arm (but not before or after that). Just to go with the whole "Firebrand+Hulk+Ghost Rider" idea. And to balance out its range (its nearly full-screen because of how big Ridley is and how long his arms are). He is also moving while using it. Medium punch is also done and its just same thing, but stronger, slower and doesn't goes forward as far. And he uses his right arm. Fierce/strong attack, if used after medium punch, turns into a rather strong attack (that still looks like light punch, but slower at the start) that causes wallbounce (but opponent may land on the ground if the stage is too long). Other than that, basic movement is done.

that animation is really good. great work bagan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chuchoryu

PostSubject: Re: MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)   August 1st 2015, 4:24 pm

I LOVE THIS OONE!!! But I nedd to ask you this, can you make this?

Here are the sprites are opensource: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)   August 2nd 2015, 3:02 am

@volzzilla wrote:
that animation is really good. great work bagan
Thanks.
@chuchoryu wrote:

Here are the sprites are opensource:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...dude, i don't need this s**t when i have this:
This would give me a lot more freedom with what i want her to do and this would also make her harder to beat. Besides, i don't know how to make those kind of bosses (with sprites moving in the coding rather than in animations).
Back to top Go down
chuchoryu

PostSubject: Re: MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)   August 4th 2015, 1:52 pm

@BaganSmashBros wrote:
@volzzilla wrote:
that animation is really good. great work bagan
Thanks.
@chuchoryu wrote:

Here are the sprites are opensource:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...dude, i don't need this s**t when i have this:
This would give me a lot more freedom with what i want her to do and this would also make her harder to beat. Besides, i don't know how to make those kind of bosses (with sprites moving in the coding rather than in animations).
You have 3D of this Queen Metroid?...AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

MUGEN 1.1 - HD/HR (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Projects-
Jump to: