:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Street Fighter IV Legacy
by volzzilla Today at 11:42 am

» My Sprite Displays
by volzzilla Today at 11:38 am

» WIP Valkyrie Marvel by Regisc and Cristianomelo w/video preview 11/18
by Doom Today at 11:22 am

» Hey Castlevania fans come in to take a look at this.........
by Doom Today at 11:18 am

» Let's make your own meaning of "M.U.G.E.N"!
by Mistah Jorge Today at 10:32 am

» chuchoryu & Friends vs all Realms!!!
by borewood2013 Today at 5:58 am

Special Features at MMV

Share | 

Looking for Alucard & WhiteMagic2002

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Helio

PostSubject: Looking for Alucard & WhiteMagic2002   July 8th 2015, 2:17 am

Hi!

I'm looking for Alucard & WhiteMagic2002, the creators of Storm char (the one available for download in IMT). There aren't their email adress on the readme or def file and, however, there are quite a few Alucard members and the one I wrote didn't reply.

I have made some edits on their Storm, aiming at setting a Storm who controls weather, not create it from her hands. I think it's not bad and maybe some other find it interesting, but before sharing I have to ask for permission.
Can anyone tell me who, among all the Alucards, is the one I need? Or maybe share with me his/her email if he/she is not a member anymore. Or perhaps forward me to the proper one I should contact.
Thank you very much.

Regards,
Helio
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zombiebrock

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Alucard & WhiteMagic2002   July 8th 2015, 3:26 am

as long as u made an attempt to contact & also make sure to give proper Credit in the Def file or Read Me , your good, share away ,this isnt ten years ago, when people would lose their shit over someone editing their creation,that they edited form marvel,capcom,ect,ect , its a simple as giving credit to the original author , Thats it, so i say release it, its noble that u want to contact them, but if their gone from mugen forever, no sense in u not releasing it over that , ive been into mugen since early 2000 & have seen hundreds of creators come & go never to be heard from again & its not conceivable to expect someone not to edit a character or use a character as a base to make a new one of someone Dead to the mugen world
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/zombiebrocksmugenwarehouse/
rodrigue

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Alucard & WhiteMagic2002   July 8th 2015, 5:03 am

alucard left mugen, he won't reply
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Alucard & WhiteMagic2002   July 11th 2015, 8:10 am

Yeah, when I was mugenizing some not-yet-converted PSX Samurai Deeper Kyo characters, I planned to use AOAO's version as the edit base.  I tried to contact AOAO but the e-mail (mugemuge21@hotmail.com) is not working any more.  No

But I still wanted to use AOAO's version as the edit base, so I just used those and gave credit to AOAO in my readme files, and in the MUGEN character .def file, I kept "AOAO" as the author name (I added my name next to it though heh tongue ).

AOAO's MUGEN web site is still there but there is only a MUGEN retirement message:
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-King/5831/

AOAO (青青) was a Japanese MUGEN author starting back in the year of 2011 (DOS MUGEN age), he was famous for some PSX Samurai Deeper Kyo & Guilty Gear characters for MUGEN. yes
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Helio

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Alucard & WhiteMagic2002   July 15th 2015, 10:09 am

Ok, if they left Mugen and didn't let some contact info in the readme, I guess it is impossible to ask for permission.
I will only add a brief description of my update in the readme and change the version date in the def file.
Next question: should I post it as a release or as a patch?
What I did was to remove some explods (but I haven't change a single pixel from the sprites), change some commands and change one special move (using sprites from the same char). Is it enough to call it a new version?
If some of you want to check of far I have gone, let me know and I will share it by PM.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Helio

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Alucard & WhiteMagic2002   August 24th 2015, 2:00 am

Hi,
Just in case you are interested and didn't notice the thread, I uploaded the edit of Storm last week.
In the end, I couldn't find Alucard so I just keep him as creator and add some lines in the readme file with the changes.
I hope you like it.
Thanks,

This is the thread:
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t6489-a-storm-char-that-only-controls-weather
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Looking for Alucard & WhiteMagic2002
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Help-
Jump to: