PortalHomeFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Eric Draven [The Crow]
by ParaDo0x Today at 11:02 pm

» Let's make your own meaning of "M.U.G.E.N"!
by skhsato123 Today at 10:43 pm

» Works by Predator
by volzzilla Today at 10:26 pm

» EMPEROR SINZROSS FULL RELEASE
by goodbot16 Today at 9:11 pm

» SvC Allen Snider
by PatrikSuccat Today at 9:08 pm

» Upcoming 2015-2017 movies that are so hyped by the very YOU!
by Yunnin Today at 6:12 pm

Special Features at MMV

Share | 

Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released   May 26th 2015, 6:37 am

@gartanham wrote:
unfortunately I am not able to exchange the pictures to put it in my mugen ... I use ff3, downloaded the "ff classic" but to change the images, it distorts the colors ...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...............tough trouble here........ scratch

If you were talking about big portraits like 9000,1 and 9000,2 then like what Navana said and you have to make sure the transparent color is placed in the 1st first index in the palette.

Perhaps you can send your image to me and let me try to put in in GorilaGrodd.sff to see.......

@Mushroom89:
>> -He seems to move really quickly for someone so huge. I'd expect Cyclops to be swinging and moving that speed, but not someone Hugo's size.
You mean the walk and jump speeds only or some more else please?  I didn't change those MUGEN CNS [Velocity] & [Movement] constants from the original MUGEN creators/authors.....if volzzilla says ok then I think I can re-adjust those speeds.......
>> -Why is it that he has Blanka's voice sounds? Grodd is a genius, I'd expect him to be more eloquently spoken. He was in a game before, Justice League Heroes for the PSP/other consoles. I haven't played the game in forever, but I remember that there was a level devoted to bopping around in his big gorilla city. I'm sure you could use his voice from there if you could find his rips.
I have no idea about its voices.....that is the only voices I got from the original GorilaGrodd.snd file......perhaps someone can try to rip the right voices for it? Question
>> -The punch/kick normals while crouching are the same. None of them hit low, and he has no launcher.
I noticed this one too.  But there are no enough sprites that look appropriate for these missing moves..... riiiggghhht
>> -I could do an infinite just by spamming the pipe throw.
Well if volzzilla says ok then I think I can try to tone it down.......... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Dynatron

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released   May 26th 2015, 11:12 pm

@borewood2013 wrote:

@Mushroom89:
You mean the walk and jump speeds only or some more else please?  I didn't change those MUGEN CNS [Velocity] & [Movement] constants from the original MUGEN creators/authors.....if volzzilla says ok then I think I can re-adjust those speeds.......

When I refer to the quick speed, I mean the walking, dashing, attacking, comboing, all of that. Think about how Hulk and Venom played in Marvel, or think about how Loganir's sandman plays. All three are very heavy characters, move kinda slowly, and have limited combo ability. I feel Gorilla Grodd should play like them since he is Hugo sized. Try to do something like them.

@borewood2013 wrote:

@Mushroom89:
I have no idea about its voices.....that is the only voices I got from the original GorilaGrodd.snd file......perhaps someone can try to rip the right voices for it? Question

Rajaaboy could give you a hand with that. Tho it's been two years since he ripped the voices for three of the chars from that game and he said he's had difficulty with ripping the rest. If push comes to shove, you could just get help from Shockdingo, or Hypersonic, or somebody else (mugen doesn't have many voice actors, does it Razz).

@borewood2013 wrote:

@Mushroom89:
I noticed this one too.  But there are no enough sprites that look appropriate for these missing moves..... riiiggghhht

Isn't Cravd still a member of MMV? He drew the sprites for Abomination and this char right? I'm sure you could get his help. If not, maybe someone else can draw them. There are quite a few talented spriters on this site.

@borewood2013 wrote:

@Mushroom89:
Well if volzzilla says ok then I think I can try to tone it down.......... Smile

Gud.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released   May 27th 2015, 5:24 am

Good luck with future updates!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chimoru

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released   May 27th 2015, 5:41 am

I ripped some Grodd (John DiMaggio) voices from the Batman: Brave and the Bold game as WAV files if anyone wants them.  I haven't really listened to them all myself yet, but they could work maybe.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u68rgjq31ed8qjv/GroddVoiceBBaB.rar

EDIT
There is also this source that I just pulled the sound from and converted to WAV, but you'll have to cut it apart.  I just did this before work, so I didn't have time. (which I also haven't listened to)

MP3 version (smaller to download, but needs to be converted)
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/ul2o5adwn2v9ooa/DC+Universe+Online+-+Gorilla+Grodd+Voice+Clips.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/t6ii4ta57gctbqa/DC+Universe+Online+-+Gorilla+Grodd+Voice+Clips.wav
and the WAV Larger, but already converted
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAHLONNIR

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released   May 27th 2015, 6:49 am

Quicktest

-His palletes are messed up bad

-His walking is choppy as hell

-I can repeat the punch special over 4 times in the corner to make this damage that is equivalent

to a hyper attack

-The transparency fx of the shout has a black outline

-The wrench special makes 0 sense

-His intro with the bird is weird as hell I would suggest moving it farther away to make it look like it flew in not peeking while the first round mini pause starts.

-Also that bird special is cheap as hell, his clsn covers the whole screen.

-Gorilla Grodd is a genius but you used voices of a common ape

-And last but not least his damage is insane, if you did this because you don't want your character to lose that's just bad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released   May 27th 2015, 11:23 am

thanks to chimoru on the voice work Smile

@ borewood...go to town on whatever you wanna do Very Happy

thanx about the general feedback. thoughts on that:
- i think the pterdactyl move and intro work fine. regarding it in the hyper, there is no other way for it to work
- i like the walks, but if they can be smoothed out a little, i guess that is fine
- i'm not really big on the monkey wrench either, but pilgrim made it, plus borewood said a long range projctile is good for mugen. and there really aren't other options for said type of move
- still don't get the port talk. i changed mine and it worked just fine. changed in basic FF
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released   June 15th 2015, 7:19 am

So many people dislike the monkey wrench...........I guess it may be good to replace the monkey wrench with something more reasonable:  how about a skull?  I found some skull sprites from ali's Tam Tam.  Since ali seems to have retired from MUGEN, I think we can use his skull sprites.  Of course skull sprites credit will be given to ali.

in case imgur not working for you...:

I suggest to use a skull because I saw this Gorilla Grodd portrait:
Back to top Go down
Chimoru

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released   June 15th 2015, 9:02 am

Sure. Even a boring old rock is fine. ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warecus

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released   June 15th 2015, 10:19 am

monkey wrench lol

for his mind telekinesis he can use sprites from oro from sf3

he has a bunch of different hovering objects you can use
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released   July 2nd 2015, 7:55 am

@Chimoru:
>> ....game as WAV files if anyone wants them
Thank you very much for the sound files for Gorilla Grodd!   However, since I don't understand much spoken English so I may just try to use the animal voices from your sound files......... tongue
>> Even a boring old rock is fine.
Thanks.  I think I still prefer a skull due to that Gorilla Grodd portrait I found.

@warecus:
>> for his mind telekinesis he can use sprites from oro from sf3
Hmmm.......well I think I just keep the current objects made by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim because I don't want to waste their spriting effort.........

I have successfully replaced the everybody-hate-pipe/wrench with Tam Tam's skull, please see my MUGEN GIF below (sorry the image size is a bit big ~6MB):

in case imgur not working for you....:

I have also made three (3) different versions of the new skull throw: a button to throw downward, b button to throw straight, and c button to throw upward

I also have plan on balancing Gorilla Grodd by:
- toning down his skull throw spam-full-ness
- fixing his walking animations choppiness
- fixing his shout special VFX transparency issue
- fixing the pterodactyl aka dinosaur bird intro start-up position
- decreasing the damages of all special moves
- making his overall movements a bit slower
- making the "Golpe de Gorila" special move charge-able
- adding button versions of the "Onda Psiquica" (may be giving it different travel distances)
- adding some jump land and being-tripped down small screen shake to show his huge size impact
- replacing some current Blanka voices with Chimoru's provided ones
- improving the MUGEN A.I. a bit
- ...........................................more to come...........

Now, I need some input for a "Bicho" aka "pterodactyl aka dinosaur bird calling helper attack" hyper improvement!
The calling out sprites of both Gorilla Grodd of the pterodactyl aka dinosaur bird are there and limited.
How shall I make it less cheap please? Question
Well, I have one (1) idea:
- how about making it a close-body throw hyper?  like, when Gorilla Grodd performs this "Bicho" hyper he has to get close to P2 then tries to grab P2 and lift P2 up with his arms, then the pterodactyl aka dinosaur bird comes in to crush P2 a few times?
- or........some other style and way.......please give me some input thank you in advance......

I think the lack of more sprites problem and the palette issue can be dealt with after this coming update as those sprites & palette things are something I don't know how to do by myself............
Back to top Go down
warecus

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released   July 2nd 2015, 10:32 am

with the telekinises objects throw, there is no re spriting anything...in fact I believe the objects oro throw have less colors than the ones you have currently...which will look cleaner and better enable you to make palettes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Hood

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released   July 12th 2015, 8:06 am

i don't know if you still take suggestions but i wanted to add some things:

first thanks for the release, he is really a great char and i enjoy him in my rosters
the clns are well done, Smile
i love the ape opponent Locator, so cute,  Embarassed
using blanka sounds don't bother me, and are welcome on him  Wink

now on the things to improve:
_ he doesn't have turning sprites sprited, not one where he faces the screen
_ same with crouch to stand
_ in the intro, his crown and jewel, belt, disappear?? some sprites must be missing
_ when he wins, i'm sure he can have better quotes that praising mmv  
_ why does he wear the brain like this??? in the ending?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released   July 17th 2015, 4:58 pm

Alright an update of Gorilla Grodd here today!

2015-07-18 update:
- replaced the everybody-hate-pipe/wrench with Tam Tam's skull
- toned down his skull throw spam-full-ness
- fixed his walking animations choppiness
- fixed his shout special VFX transparency issue
- fixed the pterodactyl aka dinosaur bird intro start-up position
- decreased the damages of all special moves
- increased his overall defense for his big size
- made his overall movements a bit slower
- added button versions of the "Onda Psiquica" (may be giving it different travel distances)
- added some jump land and being-tripped down small screen shake to show his huge size impact
- replaced some current Blanka voices with Chimoru's provided ones
- improved the MUGEN A.I. a bit
- added some MUGEN1.0 victory quotes (credit:  http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0030291/quotes)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I need some input for a "Bicho" aka "pterodactyl aka dinosaur bird calling helper attack" hyper improvement!
The calling out sprites of both Gorilla Grodd of the pterodactyl aka dinosaur bird are there and limited.
How shall I make it less cheap please? Question
Well, I have one (1) idea:
- how about making it a close-body throw hyper?  like, when Gorilla Grodd performs this "Bicho" hyper he has to get close to P2 then tries to grab P2 and lift P2 up with his arms, then the pterodactyl aka dinosaur bird comes in to crush P2 a few times?
- or........some other style and way.......please give me some input thank you in advance......

I think the lack of more sprites problem (i.e. no turning sprites and no intro transition sprites found by Red Hood) and the palette issue can be dealt with after this update as those sprites & palette things are something I don't know how to do by myself............

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Download places:
http://depositfiles.com/files/e5ycbata8
http://www.4shared.com/zip/c8XUU-ewba/GorilaGrodd_updated_2015-07-18.html
https://www.sendspace.com/file/8j3iuk
Back to top Go down
animaraz

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released   July 17th 2015, 6:31 pm

Thanks men!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shining

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released   July 17th 2015, 8:03 pm

fantastic update THX lot !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Gorilla Grodd by cravd, Jhonny_DC, Pilgrim, & borewood2013 major update released
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Releases :: Characters-
Jump to: