A place to have fun with Mugen
 
PortalHomeFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Translate the Website
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Who is in your MVC4 wishlist
by Darthpool Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Special Marvel vs Capcom V2
by freddie_savestate Yesterday at 10:03 pm

» Spider-Woman
by SUPERFERNANDOXT Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» Spector Palettes
by tony spector Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» SFIV and more To 2D Projects
by CVS Artist Yesterday at 7:14 pm

» Eric Draven [The Crow]
by Shining Yesterday at 6:53 pm

Special Features at MMV








Share | 
 

 Was there ever a female MUGEN author?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minun



Posts : 142
Join date : 2015-03-08

PostSubject: Was there ever a female MUGEN author?   April 1st 2015, 3:48 pm

There's a whole bunch of MUGEN creators of all race,nationality,size,opinions, you name it but I never heard of one who was a girl. Even the Smash Bros tourney community has a female pro in their group. Was there ever one who was that I don't know of?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minun



Posts : 142
Join date : 2015-03-08

PostSubject: Was there ever a female MUGEN author?   April 1st 2015, 3:49 pm

There's a whole bunch of MUGEN creators of all race,nationality,size,opinions, you name it but I never heard of one who was a girl. Even the Smash Bros tourney community has a girl in their group. Was there ever a female MUGEN creator in the world?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistah Jorge



Posts : 1739
Join date : 2013-07-04
Age : 18
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Was there ever a female MUGEN author?   April 1st 2015, 3:52 pm

You're not one?
also you posted twice i think...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minun



Posts : 142
Join date : 2015-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Was there ever a female MUGEN author?   April 1st 2015, 3:59 pm

@Mistah Jorge wrote:
You're not one?
also you posted twice i think...

Nope. I was simulating the Rosalina character. It should be obvious since there's no such thing as a Comet Observatory out of the Mario world and last time I checked, I am not a Mario character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chimoru



Posts : 591
Join date : 2012-06-05
Age : 35
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Was there ever a female MUGEN author?   April 1st 2015, 4:23 pm

Short and sweet answer?  

The MUGEN community, like many video game communities, are terrible to women and alienate them.

I may not be a girl, but I can understand why they don't come around the MUGEN forums too much.  I'm a gay man and a feminist and I see more sexism and misogyny than I care to.  It's odd.  We have gay and trans creators and nobody says anything about them (at least not so vehemently) but there is so much institutionalized misogyny and sexism in video games, especially fighting games, that I'm not surprised that not too many women play MUGEN or stick with it very long.  There are at least 2 MUGEN forums where the BOYS go discuss feminism in video games and it always immediately turns into the ugliest hate-mongering ever.  Less about actual feminism and more about individual feminists and how to discredit them. (Because how dare they say something is wrong!)  Combine that with threads made simply for ogling women in cosplay or just the avatars and banners that many have that sexually exploit women. Also, the amount of macho-posturing and bickering is never fun either for women.  There's no way they'd stick around for our stupid forum wars.

I could sit here and say "NOT ALL" members of the community are like that, but it doesn't change the fact that many of them ARE.  Saying "But I'm not like that!" isn't really helpful to the women's problem, it just turns the focus away from the problem they are trying to address and selfishly reassigns it to the man's bruised ego and frankly, it's NOT about YOU.

Seriously, just think.  If the forums showed a bunch of overly-sexualized guys and was 80-90% women talking about "girl-things" and petty forum wars, how comfortable would you feel here?  MMV, to me, seems like one of the better places for women, but how do you show them that when most video games, not just MUGEN ones turn them off to games in general?

So YES, there are women that play video games, sure, quite a few actually, and YES we have women in the MUGEN forums that may or may not have a problem with the things I listed above, however it's...

Even less that play fighting games.
Even less that play MUGEN
Even less that want to learn to create
Even less that get recognized and supported for their efforts.
(Sometimes, just because they are women. Don't think so?  Talk to one about it.)

Which means....

Even less who stick with it and keep going.  That number gets smaller and smaller.

It's sad and I wish I saw more of them too, but those are harsh realities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minun



Posts : 142
Join date : 2015-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Was there ever a female MUGEN author?   April 1st 2015, 4:39 pm



@Chimoru wrote:
Short and sweet answer?  

The MUGEN community, like many video game communities, are terrible to women and alienate them.

I may not be a girl, but I can understand why they don't come around the MUGEN forums too much.  I'm a gay man and a feminist and I see more sexism and misogyny than I care to.  It's odd.  We have gay and trans creators and nobody says anything about them (at least not so vehemently) but there is so much institutionalized misogyny and sexism in video games, especially fighting games, that I'm not surprised that not too many women play MUGEN or stick with it very long.  There are at least 2 MUGEN forums where the BOYS go discuss feminism in video games and it always immediately turns into the ugliest hate-mongering ever.  Less about actual feminism and more about individual feminists and how to discredit them. (Because how dare they say something is wrong!)  Combine that with threads made simply for ogling women in cosplay or just the avatars and banners that many have with exploit them. Also, the amount of macho-posturing and bickering is never fun either for women.  There's no way they'd stick around for our stupid forum wars.

I could sit here and say "NOT ALL" members of the community are like that, but it doesn't change the fact that many of them ARE.  Saying "But I'm not like that!" isn't really helpful to the women's problem, it just turns the focus away from the problem they are trying to address and selfishly reassigns it to the man's bruised ego and frankly, it's NOT about YOU.

Seriously, just think.  If the forums showed a bunch of overly-sexualized guys and was 80-90% women talking about "girl-things" how comfortable would you feel here?  MMV, to me, seems like one of the better places for women, but how do you show them that when most video games, not just MUGEN ones turn them off to games in general?

Yes there are women that play video games...it's not many
Even less that play MUGEN
Even less that want to learn to create
Even less that get recognized and supported for their efforts.
(Sometimes, just because they are women. Don't think so?  Talk to one about it.)

Which means....

Even less who stick with it and keep going.  That number gets smaller and smaller.

It's sad and I wish I saw more of them too, but those are harsh realities.

I've heard a story from my friend that I keep on talking about (He points out the newest MUGEN news to me but he's not a creator himself.) that there was a female author last year who took 3 or 4 months of effort into their characters and the community kept on bashing her and "e-haunting" her not for being a woman but for making an "effortless, crappy character that nobody wants." that I personally looked into myself and the character seems to have a decent custom sprite with an anime voice, lots of attacks that are balanced but with a bad AI and some silly animations. The 2 months of effort really showed in the character but they decided to ruin her life as a MUGEN creator anyways. People called her a Weegeeisgoingtokillm later on. Why? Because anyone who makes characters that no one likes is a Weegeeisgoingtokillm I guess? Who cares anyways. It would be cool to see a female MUGEN author some day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chimoru



Posts : 591
Join date : 2012-06-05
Age : 35
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Was there ever a female MUGEN author?   April 1st 2015, 4:48 pm

Well that's another problem in itself.  The fact that we turn criticism into an insult game and that even when we don't, that GOOD criticism isn't accepted well because we all have egos.

I'm not saying that there aren't female creators.  The sheer amount of members we have and the odds say that there must be/must have been.  I just don't know why they don't get as much recognition.

If you look up "Weegeeisgoingtokillm" and MUGEN, most people assume it's a male and refer them them that way.  You say female, who knows.  I, myself, almost didn't identify my gender for a while, just because.  So for all we know, some of the people we've admired for years are female and they're just not saying,


Last edited by Chimoru on April 1st 2015, 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistah Jorge



Posts : 1739
Join date : 2013-07-04
Age : 18
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Was there ever a female MUGEN author?   April 1st 2015, 4:52 pm

PrincessOfTheGalaxy wrote:
@Mistah Jorge wrote:
You're not one?
also you posted twice i think...

Nope. I was simulating the Rosalina character. It should be obvious since there's no such thing as a Comet Observatory out of the Mario world and last time I checked, I am not a Mario character.
I didn't mean that, anyone can simulate a character, for example i could simulate Q (it's a character)!
Anyways Chimoru is right, sadly there are places or stuff that keeps away women from games, i hate goddamn stereotypes, because of that i have never seen a female creator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidergoku



Posts : 1013
Join date : 2012-05-03
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Was there ever a female MUGEN author?   April 1st 2015, 8:28 pm

jessica smoke was the 1st female in mugen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
logansam



Posts : 683
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Colombia

PostSubject: Re: Was there ever a female MUGEN author?   April 1st 2015, 10:39 pm

Tambien depende mucho de la madures de las personas en el foro, vivimos en un mundo que cambia cada dia, personalmente considero que las personas gay son muy trabajadoras y alegres ademas que la gran mayoria tiene muy buenos sentimientos. en mugen existen mujeres que son muy buenas haciendo sprites. conozco dos una de ellas es SEI que ha trabajado con zvitor(flecha verde) y esta ISELA.

Also depends largely on the maturity of the people in the forum, we live in a world that changes every day, I personally think that gay people are hard workers and kind, besides the big majority have very good feelings. in mugen there are women who are very good creating sprites. know two of them one is SEI who has worked with zvitor(green arrow) and the other is ISELA from scruffydragon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013



Posts : 3122
Join date : 2014-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Was there ever a female MUGEN author?   April 2nd 2015, 8:57 am

@PrincessOfTheGalaxy:
>> ...a female author last year who took 3 or 4 months of effort into their characters and the community kept on bashing her and "e-haunting" her not for being a woman but for making...
While the word "e-haunting" was not invented by me, seeing you use it point out problems makes me feel good! yes


About the gender of MUGEN creators/authors..........to me, just like all Internet users all around the world, no one can tell except for YOURSELF (deliberately/accidentally leaking true identity) and the one(s) next to your computer/laptop and a hacker and a police who can catch you if you are proven e-guilty.......and being a female doesn't necessarily means she can get "fewer e-bashes" than a male does........it doesn't matter you are a "He", "She", or even "It"!


I guess it is natural to know it is extra-ordinarily hard to try to prove one's real gender in just some forums in the great Internet...since a man can act like a woman and the vice versa... Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
JEDDragon



Posts : 698
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : Somewhere in California.

PostSubject: Re: Was there ever a female MUGEN author?   April 6th 2015, 9:31 pm

if they are any You usually don't hear them say they are I think CVSArtist is a chick seems to say so there are some chicks that seen in the moog community but the majority are trollz though Razz
or just say they are chicks riiiggghhht but they might be lying. That's at least moojin in a nut shell for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jedex.webs.com/
Fist Dracon



Posts : 304
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 18
Location : Boo...

PostSubject: Re: Was there ever a female MUGEN author?   April 6th 2015, 9:39 pm

...when i read it, i quickly think about Alice or ExShadow... maybe these are female.

But yes, Jessica Smoke was the first one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jessica Smoke



Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Was there ever a female MUGEN author?   April 24th 2015, 8:36 pm

The things say Princess is real...about the way they portrayed us...even the big companies focused to the sex appeal giving fan service (just think in mai..) instead create a character which girls can admire..not all cases...anything must be sexy...and that sells..or do perfect Victoria's secret girls instead a more "average" girl...I never seen my friends felt good playing with chars like mai shiranui...and when you try to say something..some or many males bashing you...or they think you are in mugen or videogames communities to get a date (wtf??) when you only want to enjoy your hobby..or create lies about you (like they did against me in the past, banned me,hacking and stole my email accounts..)..but still I am here!!..or they call "pure crap" my art..when my real intention NEVER was and is portrait perfect girls with perfect body..just average girls..and is my style..I guess Picasso was bashed too..
and maybe I sound hipocrite...because I do NSFW stuff..but is not...my girls (including me) are strong, have feelings,and are smart,and take the control....and chars like Amanda, CLaudia or Hazel are portrayed as TS girls beyond their H-stuff...
why in h-stuff male dominates female,or the stupid no brain girls is popular at that?when something different cames ..they felt angry about it..
NOT ALL GUYS ARE OR DO THAT!!!I met good persons in mugen communities...

Think in it: Companies do fan service, any male (or person who loves women) says "That is good, we want boobs" but we...just imagine that at inverse way..companies sells VG male characters focused to their sex appeal only..means almost nude...that game "Cho Aniki" is a good example of male fan service..that females can say "OK it's fine,more hunks" but the male will find that disgusting...then they will do campaigns against "male explotaition"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JEDDragon



Posts : 698
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : Somewhere in California.

PostSubject: Re: Was there ever a female MUGEN author?   April 25th 2015, 6:23 am

are you really thee Jessica Smoke? funny how people you hear about pup in strange places Razz
at least I'll be the exception to that lame rule in the Story/Gaming/Comic industry. At least my original Stories I don't "hoe up" or make them where skimpy cloths or giving this they only want screw ya personality like mai shiranui XP.  But I bet if my stuff got popular they porno the Fuck out of them -_-"

prevs these days Razz Funny I know ExShadow somewhat never thought that she was a she till now XP



Edit: speaking BTW you might be glade to know that the Gaming industry might blow that bad Perception of chicks out of the water in the sense
my instructor form college was once talking about how know a days there willing to hire women more than men.

reason he said that unlike men who are more likely to make dudes for chars a woman is more likely Chicks chars Razz
he did say something about that chances are a girl is more likely to get the job Razz oh well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jedex.webs.com/
 
Was there ever a female MUGEN author?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Discussion-
Jump to: