» Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite general discussion topic
by XG417 Today at 9:26 am

» Superman Rebirth Project
by skhsato123 Today at 8:23 am

» WIP Valkyrie Marvel by Regisc and Cristianomelo w/video preview 11/18
by skhsato123 Today at 8:21 am

» [FORUM GAME] Alphabet Soup!
by volzzilla Today at 7:42 am

» A Photo of FlammableKing, Actually In The Ocean!!
by Doom Today at 6:45 am

Special Features at MMV

Share | 

Deciding to quit MUGEN and why

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minun

PostSubject: Deciding to quit MUGEN and why   March 26th 2015, 8:22 pm

So I am deciding to quit MUGEN because since 2011 of "technically" spriteswapping to 2015 of finally making my own characters. Things started to feel like everything's fast forwarding when I make a MUGEN character and I just want to stop doing this. The reason why I wanted to make Rosalina and Littlepip is because I wanted to make a full game out of them once I am done with say 5 characters or so and I have always wanted to make something similar to Smash Bros with a combination of SFAIII when I get done with those 5 characters. But I started to notice that time flew by fast when I made MUGEN characters and it felt like my Spring Break (Lasted 2 weeks) only lasted 4 days. For the time being, I will stop making MUGEN characters and I will have anyone who is good at making MUGEN characters to finish off the Rosalina character. I will send the current progress to anyone who I feel like is good enough for the character. If you need sprites of Rosalina or want to make a 3D Smash bros character (Or Ponies or any Nintendo characters), ask me and I will animate some. I may from time to time release another W.I.P but that won't be for a long while. I prefer making platformer games anyways (Which I will make via a really cool game maker called Engine 001. Will send progress of that in MMV when I get started with it. Heavily inspired by Megaman and Super Mario Brothers Fusion.)

So in a nutshell, I feel like quitting because it's getting into my life way too much. Plus I prefer making other games than Fighting Games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: Deciding to quit MUGEN and why   March 27th 2015, 10:30 am

Oh sorry to hear about your news about quitting MUGEN.......... Sad

Actually I tried to be studying your Rosalina (the 22/3/2015 version you sent to me by PM) and found there are a number of things that might need to do and/or re-do. study

Your idea and passion in MUGEN are admirable; at least you care for the video game characters you like and you are willing to bother to give them a try for MUGEN and share with everybody.

Although I am not a good MUGEN author by your expectation, I might be able to help you update your Rosalina to make her less "spriteswappingly" (most are basic stuff like Required Sprites and re-animations and collision boxes re-adjustment and some MUGEN code cleaning and tweaking that need some attention, as well as the A.I. issue that troubled you so much (?) -- I found some A.I. MUGEN code in your Rosalina being linked to non-existing states/animations, and oh, still using the old Command = "CPU" A.I. activation way.......not good for MUGEN1.0/1.1 No ).  So if you trust me then we can discuss more about your Rosalina update. Wink

>> I prefer making platformer games...
Engine 001........never heard of this one......yet, MMV has a OpenBOR section here:  http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/f51-openbor-general-discussion-area

Anyway, good luck in whatever plan you are having and have fun and come to MMV again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Minun

PostSubject: Re: Deciding to quit MUGEN and why   March 28th 2015, 4:25 pm

Still awaiting for anyone who can pick up the Rosalina project. I will make the animations of course.

And Borewood, how do you get that MMV border?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: Deciding to quit MUGEN and why   March 29th 2015, 3:37 am

PrincessOfTheGalaxy wrote:
Still awaiting for anyone who can pick up the Rosalina project. I will make the animations of course.

And Borewood, how do you get that MMV border?

So if you trust me then we can discuss more about your Rosalina update.

MMV border?  You mean my new MMV avatar?
Well, here: http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t5727-sprite-contest-5-avatars-mmv-submissions#66523
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E

Deciding to quit MUGEN and why
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Help-
Jump to: