PortalHomeFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Who is in your MVC4 wishlist
by Predator Today at 1:19 pm

» TK's Lets Play: Legend of Zelda - Beyond Hyrule (ZC)
by TK830515 Today at 1:19 pm

» TMNT Slash-2 ( Different )
by malevka1 Today at 12:02 pm

» MMV new WIPS Marvel Universe : Loki, Falcon
by H.U.G.E.2012 Today at 11:58 am

» Killer Croc released
by yolomate Today at 11:10 am

» Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite general discussion topic
by XG417 Today at 10:26 am

Special Features at MMV

Share | 

P.O.T.S Style?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minun

PostSubject: P.O.T.S Style?    Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:50 pm

I keep on hearing about the POTS style people seem to like very much. What is that and how do I make something similar to that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugen Disciple

PostSubject: Re: P.O.T.S Style?    Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:40 pm

if your looking to make something in POTS style here is a template
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/p-o-t-s-style-template-final-updated-6dec14-163702.0.html

i cant really give a good explanation on what it is sorry someone around here probably knows way more about it then i do
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: P.O.T.S Style?    Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:09 pm

It's a Cvs kinda gameplay style wich mixes all (some actually) of cvs2 grooves (ex: run, charge, parry, etc...)
There was a Mugen creator called POTS, wich made characters in his own gameplay style, his characters become so good and popular that people started to mimick his character's gameplay style, and called that gameplay style after that creator's name (that's obvious: POTS style), i don't think POTS is not an active creator anymore, i wish he was not only active but also a member of MMV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
varo_hades

PostSubject: Re: P.O.T.S Style?    Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:40 am

Yeah the template is a good option, for open the template you need use fighter factory 3, the detail is that isn't explained some details but you can use as a base a Pots char for know as works any part like example:
Some stuff are by default, and principally need change the anims (almost all), important states like super combos, special moves (change a little the normal moves), commands, voice, helpers, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: P.O.T.S Style?    Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:31 pm

That PotS template by Memo should come in handy when one tries to make a PotS-styled MUGEN charater. yes   I think of using this handy template to make a PotS-styled MUGEN charater.......but my problem is:  "on which character shall I be using the PotS template?" 
It is because:
1) if a choice of character I want to mugenize is from a known fighting gaming and if I have access to the said source game, then I tend to try to follow the source game style more a bit, even there must be some of my custom stuff in that...
2) if a choice of character I want to mugenize is from a known fighting gaming and if I don't have access to the said source game, then I have to check whether the choice can fit PotS style or not -- well, at least checking are there enough buttons (6) and all those materials for "tools" like dodge/counter/rolling/power charging/parrying/guard crushing/throw escaping/collapse or cheese KO,....etc.....oh and those popular PotS style VFXs and super background and sounds which must be exclusively made...

I once edited a PotS (Evil) Ryu which was edited by both mwryly and Infinite and I have been studying original versions of PotS' Ryu and Shin Gouki and found the Shotokan characters making of his aren't too hard to understand and re-create; his Morrigan Aensland & Lei-Lei & Vega & Geese Howard do have something more MUGEN-advanced though.....

By studying his MUGEN stuff, I realized PotS did a lot of homework and research and with many creative MUGEN ideas to make his MUGEN work so functional and enjoyable.  He has been famous for a good reason!

Besides his legendary MUGEN works, his "The greatest hits of character feedback" MFG topic is very worth reading too if anyone wants to know more about the "PotS standard":
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/the-greatest-hits-character-feedback-99092.0.html

Even a stubborn half-assing MUGEN author like me began to care for making use of a bit of "PotS standard" in my MUGEN stuff so the "PotS Effect" is truely so great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E

P.O.T.S Style?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Discussion-
Jump to: