A place to have fun with Mugen
 
PortalHomeFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Translate the Website
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Z0X as a cuber Bully?
by Arkady Today at 2:18 pm

» Having problems with Pullo's Decapre
by LESSARD Today at 2:10 pm

» Anti-monitor DC by bam77
by Doom Today at 2:07 pm

» Rewrich Wallach by iruka, updated 4/12/16
by Doom Today at 2:03 pm

» Spector Palettes
by Doom Today at 2:00 pm

» Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite general discussion topic
by Uche Today at 2:00 pm

Special Features at MMV








Share | 
 

 Rosalina v0.1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Minun



Posts : 142
Join date : 2015-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Rosalina v0.1   March 23rd 2015, 10:50 pm

A friend linked me a MFFA picture where Ricepigeon pointed out one of the problems with the character. That problem has been fixed way before that.
And to remind people, this is just an experimental version of her. I am not in any way experienced in MUGEN and I am not bragging about my MUGEN knowledge so I think it's best to have people point problems out by releasing them early off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013



Posts : 3127
Join date : 2014-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Rosalina v0.1   March 24th 2015, 3:43 pm

PrincessOfTheGalaxy wrote:
A friend linked me a MFFA picture where Ricepigeon pointed out one of the problems with the character. That problem has been fixed way before that.
And to remind people, this is just an experimental version of her. I am not in any way experienced in MUGEN  and I am not bragging about my MUGEN knowledge so I think it's best to have people point problems out by releasing them early off.

That experimental Helper test?  How come was it included in your first-time release?  That was for Kung Fu Man cloning illustration only........ riiiggghhht

You made a good point that, "releasing them early off to get people's feedback", yet, there are many MUGEN dudes & Pro's who never care the first-time version of your MUGEN release (in your Rosalina case, v0.1) you mentioned, and they just consider it should work their definition "as-is" which means PERFECT.  They don't allow updates, they just want your first-time MUGEN release a PERFECT one.  The rest of the comments of these heartless and reackless MUGEN dudes & Pro's are just all about e-bullying and e-haunting and e-bashing and e-mocking. Shocked  Trust me in this, as I have seen so many such bad deeds and I have been treated by this mean for years......

So, I strongly suggest that you be prepared to face all those MUGEN e-bullying and e-haunting and e-bashing and e-mocking when you try to visit some MUGEN forums that carry a MUGEN news of your Rosalina v0.1.  If you can take all those MUGEN e-bullying and e-haunting and e-bashing and e-mocking then I sincerely congratulate you.  If not, then you can just stay firm with MMV replies here.

You can take your time trying to fix and update your Rosalina v0.1 bit by bit from time to time.  I might be able to help you out (like I just got to see your "not-working MUGEN A.I. code") some times even though my MUGEN authoring skill is not good enough, but I think I am able to deal with some MUGEN errors your Rosalina v0.1 is having for now........

A question to ask you here:  do you have a habit to turn of MUGEN debug feature when working on your MUGEN stuff?  This should be the very first step about fixing things, as it is very useful for you to find what is wrong with your MUGEN stuff quick and neat.  Use the "Ctrl-D" for "Toggles debug information display".  But you need to set AllowDebugKeys = 1 in your mugen.cfg in the first place.
If you don't understand what the text in the debug information display means then I can try to explain to you. Smile

Let's keep the MUGEN ball rolling.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Staubhold



Posts : 160
Join date : 2014-08-16
Age : 41
Location : Berlin, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Rosalina v0.1   March 24th 2015, 4:01 pm

Yes, sometimes critic can be harsh, but you should never take it to "serious". If it is well-intended critic then take it as what it is: something to make your char better, pointing out mistakes or givin´ some suggestions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013



Posts : 3127
Join date : 2014-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Rosalina v0.1   March 24th 2015, 4:37 pm

@Staubhold wrote:
Yes, sometimes critic can be harsh, but you should never take it to "serious". If it is well-intended critic then take it as what it is: something to make your char better, pointing out mistakes or givin´ some suggestions.

Yo Staubhold you have been my all-time favorite M.U.G.E.N feedback giver since my tragic times at MFG! yes

Staubhold you meet many points I listed in my "What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?" topic here:
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t4834-what-makes-a-good-m-u-g-e-n-feedback-giver

A MUGEN critic, if only pinpointing to the MUGEN work itself, then it is fine to be harsh (well yet still needs to tone it down though).  But when some unnecessary e-bullying and e-haunting and e-bashing and e-mocking are involved, then it can only trigger many MUGEN tragic dramas that may attract many MUGEN small circles.  

What are MUGEN small circles?:
 

Sorry PrincessOfTheGalaxy for me to off-topic your MUGEN release topic again... Embarassed ....I will let you know my test on your Rosalina v0.1 soon.....so anyone who wants to discuss about MUGEN feedback givers/takers then please feel free to post at my "What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?" topic here:
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t4834-what-makes-a-good-m-u-g-e-n-feedback-giver
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Minun



Posts : 142
Join date : 2015-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Rosalina v0.1   March 24th 2015, 5:09 pm

@borewood2013 wrote:
@Staubhold wrote:
Yes, sometimes critic can be harsh, but you should never take it to "serious". If it is well-intended critic then take it as what it is: something to make your char better, pointing out mistakes or givin´ some suggestions.

Yo Staubhold you have been my all-time favorite M.U.G.E.N feedback giver since my tragic times at MFG! yes

Staubhold you meet many points I listed in my "What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?" topic here:
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t4834-what-makes-a-good-m-u-g-e-n-feedback-giver

A MUGEN critic, if only pinpointing to the MUGEN work itself, then it is fine to be harsh (well yet still needs to tone it down though).  But when some unnecessary e-bullying and e-haunting and e-bashing and e-mocking are involved, then it can only trigger many MUGEN tragic dramas that may attract many MUGEN small circles.  

What are MUGEN small circles?:
 

Sorry PrincessOfTheGalaxy for me to off-topic your MUGEN release topic again... Embarassed ....I will let you know my test on your Rosalina v0.1 soon.....so anyone who wants to discuss about MUGEN feedback givers/takers then please feel free to post at my "What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?" topic here:
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t4834-what-makes-a-good-m-u-g-e-n-feedback-giver

Well, it's not harsh feedback. What can I say... Ricepigeon's "feedback" helps, but it has no words. Let's call it a "ghost" feedback. Plus, that was fixed in the upcoming update.  Something that is indicating some sort of feedback but doesn't point out that it is. But really, nobody's E-haunting or E-bullying me at least I know of. From what I know from my friend, people are complaining about something I ASKED them not to touch. (He's quite mad at me for making the character but we're still friends. Lol.) In my opinion, I'd admit to thinking that easy controls ruin a character. Which is why I am gonna replace this one with a different version with a fighting game style of my own (Based on MVC and Street Fighter 4) and make an easy version again after I complete this.

If you find any bugs or want to see any changes, just ask me on here. I'm never outside of anywhere else MUGEN Related but MMV most of the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minun



Posts : 142
Join date : 2015-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Rosalina v0.1   March 28th 2015, 3:11 pm

Doing some quick fixes to this character so people out of the MMV community can quit complaining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minun



Posts : 142
Join date : 2015-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Rosalina v0.1   March 28th 2015, 4:13 pm

Wow. It's been an hour already and all I did was move some pieces of coding and filled in the required sprites? Jeez, it is sucking my life out. Just released the fixes. Same link because that's why I picked Dropbox.

Normal version now has all new attacks, supers, and animations. Plus a new role for the Luma.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013



Posts : 3127
Join date : 2014-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Rosalina v0.1   March 29th 2015, 4:36 am

PrincessOfTheGalaxy wrote:
Doing some quick fixes to this character so people out of the MMV community can quit complaining.

Well, who in MMV is/was complaining? Question

>> Wow. It's been an hour already and all I did was move some pieces of coding and filled in the required sprites? Jeez, it is sucking my life out. Just released the fixes. Same link because that's why I picked Dropbox.
I just tried your update but sorry  I didn't see any Required Sprites update (please see my FF3 screen shots below):

in case imgur not working for you....:
 
The very first Required Sprite, 5000,0 is there (actually from your 1st released SFF file), but it is kind of screwed up).

Then I keep looking for all other Required Sprites (up to 5072,20) but they are just.......empty?:

in case imgur not working for you....:
 
* you may never want to leave your Required Sprites empty like that..........this is the big-time side effect when your Rosalina is being thrown by Kung Fu Man in MUGEN:

in case imgur not working for you....:
 

Now the animation part.....


in case imgur not working for you....:
 
As you see in my FF3 screen shot above, many collision boxes of your updated Rosalina still need more update.....with this un-fixed collision boxes even Kung Fu Man has hard times trying to throw her successfully......

A sample collision boxes fix of this 5007 animation looks like this:

in case imgur not working for you....:
 
* at least just make sure there are no gaps in between each collision boxes; the bottom box is made wide like that as it was suggested by a MUGEN friend of mine who once told me it can prevent from having some weird frame movement when being pushed by P2's walking....... Idea

Now time to see many missing/non-existing animation:

in case imgur not working for you....:
 
As you see in my MUGEN screen shot above, when Kung Fu Man is trying to trip Rosalina and she shall fall on to the ground right?  But when she is being tripped, since her being-tripped animation Action #5070 is empty:
;--------------------------------------------------
; Tripped
[Begin Action 5070]
                                   ;yo can't be empty like that......... riiiggghhht
;--------------------------------------------------
; LieDown Hit (stay down)
[Begin Action 5080]
Clsn2: 2
  Clsn2[0] = -107, -41, -60, -10
  Clsn2[1] = -63, -31, 90, -9
46,0, 0,0, 10

The animation Action #0 is used for the being-tripped empty one......which is quite wrong.......and it causes much bug too in MUGEN..........

>> Normal version now has all new attacks, supers, and animations. Plus a new role for the Luma.
I strongly suggest you should be fixing all her basic stuff like Required Sprites (from 5000,0 to 5072,20), and all 5xxx animation actions, and all collision boxes, oh as well as adding a small portrait (9000,0) and a big portrait (9000,1), also some sprites are mis-aligned such as the end of Crouching animation Action #11, and her walking forward animation and walking back animation need to be consistent oh the walking back animation needs some collision boxes, as well as I think the B, B hop-back way isn't that fitting her style.........you may want to make a more suitable [Statedef 105] state and override it by putting it in between "; Override common states (use same number to override) :" and "; States that are always executed (use statedef -2)" lines in your Rosetta.cns.....
Before trying to update her moveset, please fix all of the above basic stuff first........ Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Minun



Posts : 142
Join date : 2015-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Rosalina v0.1   March 29th 2015, 10:44 am

^ You already PMed me that. But thank's for the feedback. Now I understand that filling in the get hit states in the animations bar DOES not mean that a character is visible via throw. Now the community at Youtube can have more reasons to harass me, I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Rosalina v0.1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Releases :: Characters-
Jump to: