@flammableking, thank you for sharing your True Horror Stories! Too bad I don't understand any spoken English words except for simple "yes/no/thank you" ones...........
If my roommate is there then I can get some translation help.......oops my roommate is out of town right now.........
@LM_MAVERIK, super-natural happenings in hotels is not uncommon, especially in the South-East Asia areas (Macau and Thailand and Japan and Taiwan the most, even in China too)! I live in a factory dormitory in China and I rarely have traveling that needs a hotel residence (no $$$ to travel
). Yet, I have heard more than enough super-natural happenings in hotels stories from friends and relatives. Among Chinese people, some "hotel super-natural happenings pre-caution tips"
thing discussion is quite popular:
- don't take the hotel room that is located at the end of the corridor;
- before you try to open any door, knock it first, and say something like "I am coming in now";
- the first time you enter the hotel room, check whether there is any Bible or some other religious accessories hanging at some spots;
- check every corner of the hotel room for any suspicious/unexplained water trace;
- don't turn off the lights/lamps in your hotel room, especially the washroom room ones;
- before you try to use the washroom toilet, flush it first to give some "notice";'
- place slippers near your hotel room bed this way: one (1) head one (1) tail (vertically opposite);
- cover any big mirrors with towels, especially the mirrors that are placed at both ends of your hotel bed;
- choose some dresses that aren't so colorful, especially with the color red
- before sleeping in your hotel bed, pat your bed pillow a few times first to give some "notice;
- if your hotel room has double beds and you are the only resident then make the other empty bed look like there is a second person using that;
- if your hotel room has double beds and you are couple then when sleeping, keep yourself in a face-to-face positions;
- if you smell some strange odor then you know something not quite right with the hotel room;
- don't put your clothing in your hotel room drawers, keep them in your luggage/bags;
- avoid any hotel floor numbers that aren't your lucky numbers;
- ......................a lot more.............
Of course different culture has different "hotel super-natural happenings pre-caution tips"
, the above ones I mentioned are popular among Chinese people though.