(Copied from MFFA) Feedback:General Stuff
- You should give Sentinel a better idle stance. The current one looks unnatural and doesn't animate so good.
- Both of these intros should hide the lifebars for the duration of the state:
Since Sentinel appears from the air, it doesn't look right to have the lifebars in front of him.
- There's a lot of sprite misalignment; namely, his normals attacks.
- Some of his custom sprites need work.
- Some of his hitboxes need work as well.
-- Many animations just need one, constant Clsn2Default(green) hitbox at the first frame. I'll demonstrate by using the walking forward animation:
How it is currently for the walking forward anim:
How it should be:
By using a Clsn2Default hitbox for an animation at the first frame, there is no need to put additional hitboxes anywhere else in that animation. However, not all animations are suitable for just a single Clsn2Default hitbox.
- Sentinel could use more voice and sound effects.
- Sentinel could also use some Winquotes. This would require him to be upgraded to M.U.G.E.N 1.0 however.
- The hit and block sounds aren't that good imo, maybe use the ones from MvC or MSH?Attack Specific
- S.HK when used in ther corner, can be followed up by any stand and crouching normal into an infinite.
- Sentinel's hypers should do more damage.
- C.HK doesn't knock the opponent down. Intentional?
- Some attack animations like these need their red hitboxes adjusted. The red hitboxes are too big:
- The projectile hitboxes in this hyper need to be adjusted too:
- With Final Execution, because the red hitbox changes size contantly from frame to frame the opponent can be hit out of it and block halfway through. This is a hittime, hitbox and pushback problem.
I'd suggest you edit the tentacles so they reach full screen, increase the damage and make it a Level 3 hyper.My Opinion
I like this character. The sprites are nice and the gameplay is good but the char has it's flaws. I would really like to see Prime Sentinel updated with these problems/flaws fixed because he has a LOT of potential.
I'm very glad you kept this W.I.P. alive and finished him.