» SuperXAsh's Sprite Edits
by volzzilla Today at 5:50 pm

Special Features at MMV

Share | 

Michigan House is passing a bill that allows EMTs to refuse treatment to gays

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lord Sinistro

PostSubject: Michigan House is passing a bill that allows EMTs to refuse treatment to gays   December 11th 2014, 12:43 pm

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyecS_QiRK8
http://www.medicaldaily.com/michigan-house-passes-bill-allowing-health-care-discrimination-against-lgbt-grounds-313518
http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/michiganmedical.asp

this is completly stupid and disgusting after seeing this im glad I live in Canada
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CosmicToxin

PostSubject: Re: Michigan House is passing a bill that allows EMTs to refuse treatment to gays   December 11th 2014, 3:24 pm

How would they even know that the person is gay? EMT's have a responsibility to help the injured right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chimoru

PostSubject: Re: Michigan House is passing a bill that allows EMTs to refuse treatment to gays   December 11th 2014, 5:39 pm

I'm gay.  I live in Michigan.  Michigan is a terrible place for me and my kind. We're once of the top 5 worst states in the USA for LGBT.

Straight people always seem to think I have the same rights and protections they do, "except for the marriage thing". Nope.  That's not true at all.

Here in Michigan (as it is NOW)
I can't get married, adopt, or donate blood.
I can be fired or evicted for my sexual preference or expression and have no way of fighting it.
I can be fired if I'm even PERCEIVED to be gay.
I can be denied restaurant service, taxi services, hotel lodging, or private school enrollment for any children I had.  (This almost never happens though)

If this bill were to pass, it would be all that is above PLUS:
If I had HIV, I could be denied prescription fills for my medication.
If I needed emergency medical treatment, I could be denied that as well

For my transgender friends it is even worse.  They get targeted and beat up for nothing.  A friend of mine was beaten up by 6 men a few weeks ago in Toledo.

I am not transgender, but I was attacked in a gas station once for standing too close to another guy and he flipped out.  2 others joined him too and they shattered my eye socket and broke out a few teeth. Took me forever to get them arrested because the gas station owners didn't want to cooperate with the police.  The FBI got involved and that was that.  That was a rare case, most of the time these things go unsettled.  We all know someone who has been victimized or fired, evicted, etc, and there's not much we can do, and we always wonder when it will be our turn next.

Also, please do not suggest that being gay is a choice.  It is not.  If you are not gay, you really can't tell people what being gay is or what it is like. Me "choosing to be gay" is like you "choosing to have brown hair", or blonde hair, or being straight, or be a man. You didn't choose that stuff.  I didn't choose this. I like who I am and I don't feel the need to change.  I just wish other people would stop getting so bothered by things that don't affect them.

Yes, I could NOT SAY that I am gay and try to PASS as a straight person, but I shouldn't HAVE to. Transgender people can't necessarily do that. It's not fair. Straight people are not better than us. It's not right that we have to ASK them to DECIDE to GIVE us human rights that we should already have. They are not theirs to GIVE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Michigan House is passing a bill that allows EMTs to refuse treatment to gays   December 23rd 2014, 8:35 am

i can't believe there is some place here in the states that not only is that intolerant, but have laws to help them to be.

had no idea, so thanx for enlightening me.

i personally could care less what someone's sexual preference is (unless its kids, those people need to be pounded), someone's race, etc. so that is why talk like this is a bit of a shock to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Michigan House is passing a bill that allows EMTs to refuse treatment to gays
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: General :: Everything Else-
Jump to: