A place to have fun with Mugen
 
PortalHomeFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Street Fighter V discussion topic
by borewood2013 Today at 4:53 am

» Rider updated to beta-0.5.0 by rioriot on 2017-10-18
by borewood2013 Today at 4:11 am

» THE KING OF FIGHTERS: DESTINY (updated to EP.11)...........now can be watched at YouTube!
by borewood2013 Today at 3:50 am

» Fighting game(s) played and character(s) used
by tehdevil Today at 1:08 am

» Nightwing smartpalette
by ghost_rider Yesterday at 9:37 pm

» Albert Wesker From Resident evil Released
by riklaionel Yesterday at 6:02 pm

Special Features at MMV






Chat on MMV w/ Discord


Share | 
 

 What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Staubhold

avatar

Posts : 201
Join date : 2014-08-15
Age : 42
Location : Berlin, Germany

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:05 am

I agree on some points in your vid black dragon, but if a author doesn´t listen to feedback or want help then you have to accept it as a "lost cause".

I ignore those creations, cause I see that they look bad or are coded badly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
volzzilla

avatar

Posts : 6600
Join date : 2012-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:06 am

no one is obligated or forced to listen to feedback.

mugen is not a job where the creators must do things that they are told. they do what they want regarding creation.

people can offer up advice, but they need to realize a couple things when doing so:
- the more disrespectful or negative a tone they have when they do so probably ups the odds that the person they are giving said advice to will ignore them
- i said it before, but it is very important, no one is obligated or forced to listen to feedback. when people think their advice needs to be adhered to, that is when problems arise. all feedback givers can do is offer whatever advice and move on. because when they worry about if it is implemented and the creator chooses not to (which is their right because they are the ones spending their personal time in the hobby), said feedback givers get upset
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shags2dope



Posts : 203
Join date : 2013-07-11

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:25 am

volzzilla wrote:
no one is obligated or forced to listen to feedback.

mugen is not a job where the creators must do things that they are told. they do what they want regarding creation.

people can offer up advice, but they need to realize a couple things when doing so:
- the more disrespectful or negative a tone they have when they do so probably ups the odds that the person they are giving said advice to will ignore them
- i said it before, but it is very important, no one is obligated or forced to listen to feedback. when people think their advice needs to be adhered to, that is when problems arise. all feedback givers can do is offer whatever advice and move on. because when they worry about if it is implemented and the creator chooses not to (which is their right because they are the ones spending their personal time in the hobby), said feedback givers get upset


Once again everyone here is only presenting the "victim" side of the story. We can all agree this is not a job and unless you are good enough to get commissions you arent getting paid for this. But i dont understand the mentality i dont wanna get better because i dont have to. You guys can still be nice guys and support and love each other without having to compromise actual growth. If your little brother SUCKS at baseball, but wants to play go out there and practice with him so he gets better. Someone brought up football, if you go play with your friends and you suck, nobody wants you on their team. This isnt a professional game its just a bunch of guys playing for fun, but they wanna win, and dont want someone who is no good bringing down THEIR fun with his lack of skill.

Like even in the particular thread and the actual thread in question. The author said he would only acknowledge real feedback and he does listen to it, but here we are and he hasnt even acknowledged anyone who says anything but great or good or what have you. This whole dialogue is not to stifle his or anyones creativity but to prosper it.

Everyone can afford to become better and the issue i am addressing here is the overall lack of wanting to acheive that....i am brining up the issue that it seems ppl are skating by and having their buddies pat them on the back for .....trying. And god forbid you say try hard. You all mention the guys you look up and how you honor their works....

Well do you think metallica would be a great band if they just saw black sabbath and played average or didnt push themselves....Do you think kobe or lebron would be who they are now if they saw Michael jordan and said he is good but i dont wanna work that hard i just like to dribble. The point is all of those men including the idols. Started out just having fun, but they pushed themselves to be great and eventually hard pushed them to greatness.

I am not saying everyone should Magus or Zvitor or O illusionista but what i am saying is create your legacy by doing THE BEST you can do. If you doing very average palllet swaps is your best so be it, but i HIGHLY doubt it is
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doom

avatar

Posts : 5595
Join date : 2014-08-22

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:41 am


@shags2dope
That sounds coherent, and logical.
We're probably all right. Simply, the communication is difficult ... XD
Equally, remember that all my comments were generics and personal. He did not speak of any particular case or person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
volzzilla

avatar

Posts : 6600
Join date : 2012-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:52 am

shags2dope wrote:


Once again everyone here is only presenting the "victim" side of the story.

i am not presenting any victim thing.

i am saying no one is obligated to have to take someone's advice regarding feedback and apply it to the creation. i am also saying the more negative (not talking listing lots of things, i am saying being rude over subjective things) someone goes, the higher likelihood/odds whatever will be ignored.


Last edited by volzzilla on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IkuTronHD

avatar

Posts : 113
Join date : 2013-06-08
Age : 16
Location : Alicante / Spain

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:53 am

Español:
Spoiler:
 

English:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sites.google.com/view/ikutronhds-site/home
borewood2013

avatar

Posts : 5003
Join date : 2014-08-10

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:46 am

borewood2013 wrote:
black dragon wrote:
ohhhh
it's hard for me to type
Please do so because I really want to know what you said after your said "long silence"........


Now I remember who black dragon was............now no need to hear more of his "voices" even given in words....... No

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@shags2dope:
>> You guys can still be nice guys and support and love each other without having to compromise actual growth
let me put it simple => to an online forum, its members' support/love/passion/PEACE and POSTS are among the most important elements. yes
Shared works can be considered some "extra gifts" or some "promotion purpose". Wink

@IkuTronHD:
>> My opinion would be that each one went by his side and leave empaz to any author. If you do not want to follow your advice leave it and now.
If I am not wrong about your MUGEN opinion meaning....then I agree to it too => if someone doesn't care about your feedback, then you can just leave him/her/it alone and care for somebody else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
volzzilla

avatar

Posts : 6600
Join date : 2012-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:29 pm

in case the context was lost on my earlier comments, i was not saying feedback is bad. i wish more people here knew how to give feedback.

i was merely stating that sometimes drama happens in mugen because people give feedback and then get upset because their feedback was not implemented. my point was that should not happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Discussion-
Jump to: