» Monkey Boy from martial masters
by spidergoku Today at 5:50 pm

» Axel Stone by Nexus Games/Shin Mako & SeanAlty - 100 Youtube Subs Release
by testament Today at 5:45 pm

» Spam Game: Word Association Game
by Mistah Jorge Today at 5:42 pm

» oNearo Sprites
by oNearo Today at 5:15 pm

» doctrine dark from street fighter ex released!
by borewood2013 Today at 4:10 pm

» Neo's Mugen Saturday Showdown!
by TK830515 Today at 3:06 pm

Special Features at MMV

Share | 

What's your *insert your homeland* favorite food ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlueSpiderX

PostSubject: What's your *insert your homeland* favorite food ?   October 30th 2014, 6:38 am

Mine is "Tempe" (soycakes). Crispy fried ones. I'm from Indonesia.

What's yours ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: What's your *insert your homeland* favorite food ?   November 8th 2014, 8:03 am

So, what is some good food in my countries/cities?

I live in China and Chinese people like to enjoy some "tea times" at some "tea restaurants".
"Tea restaurants" offer not just tea but also good leisure food.

One kind of Chinese food that is commonly used for accompanying Chinese tea at "tea restaurants" is:  Dim Sum (中式點心):

Dim Sum (中式點心) is a nice food serving for either one person or more than one  persons.
One typical serving is usually put in a special container called Chinese Steamer (蒸籠):
  * it consists of a base container and a lid cover
Actually its design allows one to stack up as many Chinese Steamers (蒸籠) as one wants:
* when one is enjoying the top one, the rest at the bottom still keeps warm

Now, some Dim Sum (中式點心) I would like to introduce here:

- Shrimp Dumplings (蝦餃)
Shrimp Dumplings:

* flexible skin made of gluten-free flour, wrapping some shrimp piece, meat piece, and bamboo shoot that can neutralize the fishy taste of the shrimp

- Barbecued Pork (叉燒)
Barbecued Pork:

* using a fork-like too, grill some pork in a B.B.Q. style, adding some honey to bring out special chewing texture of the pork (most people like pork with good amount of fat, I myself prefer pork with less fat)

- Turnip Cake (蘿蔔糕)
Turnip Cake:

* scrape some Turnip into very small silk-like pieces, adding some dried shrimp pieces, Chinese mushroom shattered pieces, and Chinese sausage cuts, usually put into steamers or fried pans (I like steamed ones more Smile

- Steamed Bun Stuffed with Juicy Pork (小籠包)
Steamed Bun Stuffed with Juicy Pork:

* skin made of wheat flour wrapping inside there are pork and the more important soup, the soup is the soul of this Dim Sum (中式點心), one has to be careful when trying to swallowing the whole thing at the same time, because the soup inside the wrapping is hot~
* his Dim Sum (中式點心) design has standard in the making - a fixed number of folds with the wrapping skin

- Soya Bean Custard (豆腐花)
Soya Bean Custard:

* a dessert now!  Tofu made of Soya Bean, mixing with some Gypsum, can serve as some Chinese Jelly!
  one has to add some solid/liquid sugar when enjoying that, because merely the content there is not much sweet taste

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dim Sum (中式點心) has many many types and kinds, the ones I listed above (some are my favorites) are just a very small portion.
Chinese culture pays big time attention to "shape" (形).  If you know about Chinese text and even Chinese Kung-Fu then you may have also already known, that many Chinese text and even Chinese Kung-Fu are based on "shapes" (形).
As a result, some Chinese food like Dim Sum (中式點心) can be made in different "shapes" (形) too:

Oh about the "tea times" at some "tea restaurants", the tea serving is commonly used to give a neutralization to the Dim Sum (中式點心) because most Dim Sum (中式點心) is full of fat meat and oils.

Have you tried some Dim Sum (中式點心) in your China Town yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: What's your *insert your homeland* favorite food ?   November 8th 2014, 9:28 am

BlueSpider wrote:
I'm from Indonesia.
WOooooooooooooooooooooot but I, I, I thought you were from the north-pole,    i'm so disapointed Crying or Very sad just kidding  Laughing

I love to eat french fries, spaghetti, but the mostly common food in Portugal (i think) is what we call, "açourda"

Yeah... it look's kinda gross but not my fault, it's the one who took the picture's fault... gona kill him right now

(how many time did i used this joke?? 4, 5??? idk)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlueSpiderX

PostSubject: Re: What's your *insert your homeland* favorite food ?   November 8th 2014, 5:45 pm

Speaking of Indonesia (warning off-topic ahead), who's other than me that's from Indonesia ?

Back on topic, forgot to post picture of Tempe lol. :p

I actually love this more than Pizza, KFC, and other countries food. They are considered a "fancy" and "rich people" food.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlueSpiderX

PostSubject: Re: What's your *insert your homeland* favorite food ?   November 8th 2014, 5:47 pm

In Indonesia. Sorry double post. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What's your *insert your homeland* favorite food ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: General :: Everything Else-
Jump to: