» oNearo Sprites
by Mistah Jorge Today at 10:31 am

Special Features at MMV

Share | 

Back to the Future-style Hoverboard invented

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
volzzilla

PostSubject: Back to the Future-style Hoverboard invented   October 28th 2014, 10:29 pm

The year 2015 is almost here, and it looks like we might actually have a real-life hoverboard on the market just in time to make Back to the Future 2 truly prophetic. Want to see it in action?

Developed by HENDO, the hoverboard uses proprietary Magnetic Field Architecture to make the board float approximately 1 inch off the ground. The necessary tech comes from four disc-shaped hover engines, which create a special magnetic field which generates lift. Yeah, it's as cool as it sounds. One caveat: The board only works over metal (i.e. ground lined with metal sheets), so it’d stand to reason this also will not fly over water. Just FYI.

The startup is using Kickstarter to generate cash for R&D, and among their gifts for backers? Everything from a little hover engine in a tiny White Box (starting at $299) to a full-fledged working hoverboard ($10,000). That’s right — you can literally buy a hoverboard right now. The first 10 production versions are set to ship in October 2015, and there are still five available if you have that kind of cash.

Of course, there are currently some limitations to the tech. As we’d mentioned before, it only works on metal surfaces. There’s also a battery power issue, with the board only working 15 minutes or so between charges. Admittedly, the tech is still a little rough around the edges. But who cares? It’s a working hoverboard. The Marty McFly in all of us is geeking out a little right now.

http://www.blastr.com/2014-10-21/engineers-have-built-real-life-back-future-2-style-hoverboard-prototype
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlueSpiderX

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Future-style Hoverboard invented   October 28th 2014, 10:54 pm

Cool ! Now only the time machine and Robocop left lol. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Back to the Future-style Hoverboard invented
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: General :: Everything Else-
Jump to: