A place to have fun with Mugen

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Hablas español ?? Only for people who speak Spanish.
by Doom Today at 12:29 pm

» TK's Wild Card Mugen Singles Tournament 2016
by TK830515 Today at 12:26 pm

» Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite general discussion topic
by SUPERFERNANDOXT Today at 12:10 pm

» [DEMO-BOR] Avengers United Battle Force
by O Ilusionista Today at 11:57 am

» Superman Rebirth Project
by carpa5 Today at 11:53 am

» Anti-monitor DC by bam77
by MDS_GEIST Today at 9:52 am

Special Features at MMV

Share | 

New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
volzzilla

PostSubject: New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?   February 21st 2014, 2:02 pm

so apparently they have an all-new cast for the rebooted movie.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/fantastic-cast-revealed-article-1.1621005

plz dont accuse me of whatever due to i'm far from being a racist, but i'm not a fan at all of having a black johnny storm. i mainly say that due to how sue will be white. did they not know they are brother and sister? and from what i read, sounded like only made the change for some sort of race differentiation. apparently thats more important than the original story?

not to mention, not feeling any of the other casting either, especially the guy who will play ben grimm. when i think ben grimm, i think a big burly roughneck kind of guy, not a skinny dude. jamie bell may be a good actor and all, but nothing about him makes me think ben grimm.

i'm thinking i'll pass on this movie.

what do you all think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Hood

PostSubject: Re: New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?   February 21st 2014, 2:06 pm

i will never Watch it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
CosmicToxin

PostSubject: Re: New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?   February 21st 2014, 3:59 pm

Sighhh. The only actor i know from this is Michael because i saw him in Chronicle which was pretty good. Its wrong to change Johnny to black in my opinion because if they do that i know for a fact that that if they do this the he will be a stubborn/troubled hot-head who feels like he doesn't belong and that is just a plain stupid way to go for Johnny Storms character. Also i heard that they were going to use the Ultimate FF's origin for this movie somewhere. I guess it would make sense character-wise because there's no way four random people can just go to space like they did originally. If anything i say make Ben Grimm black instead of Johnny, it just seems like a good idea to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sky-79

PostSubject: Re: New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?   February 21st 2014, 4:33 pm

Soooooo they think that making Jonny black that will make more black people like the F4/FF (or whatever they want to call them now).. Yeah thats not a racist train of thought at all.

Stann Lee is still a heavy hitter in the company, I saw the canned Black Panther TV show, I'm starting to wonder if Stann dosen't have race issues because his views are sketchy at best.

@RED HOOD wrote:
i will never Watch it

I might, but I'm not paying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cravd

PostSubject: Re: New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?   February 21st 2014, 5:59 pm

finally a reboot
of the 4 fantastic
I sincerely hope
the mole is infinitely better to the first version
Like the rest of the characters

por fin un reinicio
de los 4 fantasticos
espero sinceramente
la mole sea infinitamente mejor a la primera version
igual el resto de los personajes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rafhot

PostSubject: Re: New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?   February 21st 2014, 10:23 pm

i think a black ben grimm would be a better choice too, plus heroes like luke cage , black panther are already part of the f4 members and could be used in very cool ways

that kind of change in nick fury works great but not worked great for me when they changed kingpin and dont will work for me on human torch too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wacky me

PostSubject: Re: New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?   February 24th 2014, 7:38 pm

I think marvel is going the wrong way with a reboot. Instead of a reboot they could have just changed actors and used the story were the FF meet black panther. In the story a intruder invades the baxter building or the FF go to Wanakada and are separated and defeat by the Panther. And their defeat the Panther asks for their help with some issue treating his country.If memory serves me Reed and T'Challa,the black panther or panther king went to some university together.Also, if they wanted to a FF movie with black super heroes they should have use stories were Storm of X-Men and her husband the Black Panther join the FF until Reed and Sue returned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?   February 24th 2014, 7:42 pm

its crap like iron man 3 saw it to days ago and wanted to like it but they screwed up the mandarin and I was pissed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arkady

PostSubject: Re: New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?   February 25th 2014, 1:44 am

Fox doesn't own the rights to black panther, marvel does

let fox stuff up fantastic four, then the rights can go back to marvel and then they can do it properly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?   February 27th 2014, 7:10 am

i just know i won't be paying money to see it. while i'm not a continuity freak, i think basics like who are actually brother and sister and how drawn for 50 some odd yrs outweigh some political statement on racial diversity the people making the decisions on this reboot are trying to make.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arkady

PostSubject: Re: New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?   February 27th 2014, 8:10 am

If fox or marvel or sony are trying to bring in more diversity, in the characters whilst ruining old school perception of the original ethnicity of human torch or whoever, they will need to really explain why they are doing it,as well as make a really good history for that change, like nick fury, heimdall , kurse, kingpin and now electro, these seem to work out well, coz they all have an origin that doesn't directly affect being of different race

but i would rather they push to make more movies on character that are already diverse background, like black panther, cage and blade (reboot)
or stick to characters that are not showing too much of the alter ego that isn't so diverse, for example
abomination, the thing, ghost rider, blackheart, the list can go on forever, with characters that don't necessarily have to stick to original conception

I'm all for it, but it doesn't really work for johnny storm, fox really are pretty blatant regarding this change in characters race, i feel it somewhat fox would cast captain America role with a Russian actor, it really feels forced, in my opinion,

how about an Hispanic ghost rider? I would think with the locality of where most of ghost riders stories are it wouldn't phase me as much, but black panther played by sharlto copley well then there's going to be trouble
Back to top Go down
View user profile
galactus

PostSubject: Re: New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?   February 27th 2014, 9:14 am

Just like to say that I agree with most things that have been said already
and just like to add that I think this whole changing a characters Colour/Race
thing is getting way out of hand No

I cant believe that they are going to make human torch black now Shocked
.....I mean what next a black Bruce Banner/Hulk???

and also going to pass on this movie if it comes out  tongue 
...its probabley the best way for us fans to rebel against this kind of thing
and if enough of us dont go and see this movie and any other future films
like it were the characters have been changed maybe the people who make
these kind of decisions will get the message eventually Mad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnight-Son

PostSubject: Re: New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?   March 2nd 2014, 2:15 am

@galactus lol id rather see bruce banner black than have mark rufflo the buffalo play him he should stick to chickflicks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?   March 2nd 2014, 2:43 am

@volzzilla wrote:
i just know i won't be paying money to see it. while i'm not a continuity freak, i think basics like who are actually brother and sister and how drawn for 50 some odd yrs outweigh some political statement on racial diversity the people making the decisions on this reboot are trying to make.

well they screwed up hemdal making him black cause sif is his siter I forone hate ths ultate universe nick should be wite not black torch should be wihite sand man should be ruthless dick like in comis not some panzy who dident want to steal king pin should of been white cause I liked the daredevil movie but that pissed me off and how bulleye looked I lperfer a mask on his mug and all the moderingiz the stuff that's bull right there if they actuly cared the could make it look as good as it dose in this video fans do a better job then the people who r payed to do the damn job fire Hollywood and hire theas guys like this video http://youtu.be/NY3T45Kn5sg
and a lot more I cant go in to
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New Fantastic 4 Movie cast?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Multimedia Entertainment :: TV, Movies, Comics, etc-
Jump to: