A place to have fun with Mugen
 
PortalHomeFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» SFV ABIGAIL STAGE FOR MUGEN
by fede de 10 Today at 7:19 pm

» MMV Blade Marvel by Fede de 10 released for MMV's 5th Birthday
by fede de 10 Today at 7:11 pm

» Injustice 2 Discussion
by Mazemerald Today at 7:09 pm

» CVS NeoKyo POTS/Infinite (Nests Saga, Tales of Ash & Kusanagi) by Falcon Rapper
by Mazemerald Today at 7:08 pm

» Ult Riverside Training Grounds (Fighters History Dynamite - Feilin)
by Mazemerald Today at 7:05 pm

» Vs.Style DEBUTS UNKNOWN SOLDIER W.i.P
by Mazemerald Today at 6:49 pm

Special Features at MMV





Chat on MMV w/ Discord


Share | 
 

 WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ax

avatar

Posts : 3183
Join date : 2012-06-02
Location : https://mugenarchive.com

PostSubject: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?   February 13th 2014, 11:31 pm

God is the source of all life and being connected with him or in his presence means that he constantly feeds you with his life giving power of light. You don't age, you don't hunger or grow old and you are never sad or angry.

However, if a person chooses to not believe God and proving it by not obeying his warning against it then that person becomes disconnected from God or committed a sin, unfortunately God is life giving and to be separated from him means to be separated from his life giving power so we start to slowly die off. Like when you take away food and water from a person.

So basically to choose & accept sin (to disobey) is to choose death or to be separated from God since God is the life giver.

So how do we solve the problem? The answer is for someone to take our place and pay the price of sin or death which can only be payed back with life, an expensive payment to say the least since it's your life that needs to pay for it.

So the sacrifice or substitute for your life was put in place to save you. It is believed that when a man sins he needs to become pure again so the way he does this is that he brings to God a sacrifice or substitute for himself to pay for the man's own sins.

The story of Cain and Abel in the book of Genesis are an example of what kind of sacrifice God desires.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+4

The idea is that a man could transfer his sins into a clean and innocent animal by placing his hand on a sacrifice. As his sins are transferred onto the animal he kills it so the animal dies with the man's sins and at the same time the blood of the innocent animal covers your body, making you in a sense the innocent animal now and the dead animal your substitute for your punishment from your sins.

The blood is basically a covering that changes your appearance from sinner to innocent.

However, this blood is from an animal, it's not exactly the same price as that of a human. The covering is only temporary and wears out so you need some kind of super holy clean blood sacrifice, blood from a holy being that created you in his image.

So because GOD loves you so much that he sent his only son, or GOD in the flesh, to the world so that he could die in our place as himself a sacrifice for you , me, and everybody who accepts GOD's gift by believing it and proving the belief.

Jesus is this sacrifice, this worthy and holy being who has the exact price to pay for the death of the whole world's sins. As proof of this sacrifice being accepted, Jesus, defeats death by coming back to life after being dead for 3 days. His resurrection as proof that he was alive again convinced everybody who was with him and saw him that he was telling the truth.

People were so sure in fact that many of these Christians willingly chose to believe in Jesus Christ, even if it meant that the Romans would kill them, they still stood by it all the way into their execution. This is a pretty strong testimony when people are willing to die for what they believe in.

Not just a few either but multitudes of people!

History tells us that many Christians died and were hunted down during this time. There are secular writings as well that describe these peaceful followers strangely and willingly dying for Jesus! Look it up! Wink

These Christians were even given the option to save themselves from these executions if only they would say that the resurrection was false and that Jesus Christ didn't rise again. These followers of Christ could have easily saved themselves from execution but still they chose to die for the truth that they saw with their own eyes.

These people touched Jesus body, gave him food to eat, and communicated with him, they examined him and all of them agreed that this was the same person and he was indeed alive!!!

They then see him one last time and witness him ascending into heaven. This was shocking to everyone because he was literally on his way to be with God the Father in Heaven.


The sacrifice and Jesus are all described in the old testament Torah using imagery and symbols through real people's lives.

For instance,

After Adam and Eve had sinned, GOD created coverings for them with animal skins to hide their shame and nudity. The animal skins are a sacrificed animal that cover Adam and Eve's sin against God temporarily.

Genesis 22, Verse 21,
Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/genesis/3.htm

God promises a savior to In Genesis 3

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%203&version=KJV

Woman don't have seed, only men do, so is this a virgin birth? This seed also bruises the serpent's head a.k.a. death/sin/devil yet his heel will be bruised, Jesus Christ dying on the cross with serpent like teeth or nails being driven into him and suffering the serpents poisonous bite of death.

Then there is Abraham and his son, a picture of God the father and his son JESUS, Abraham was to sacrifice his son to GOD and when his son asks his father, "where is the sacrifice", Abraham answers

Genesis 22, verse 8,
And Abraham said, My son, God will provide HIMSELF a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+22&version=KJV

It's practically word play, a foreshadow of Jesus Christ.

Isaac was laid on wood after carrying it up a hill or mountain (just like Jesus taking his cross made of wood to be crucified) to be sacrificed. Who else do we know that would be laid on wood and nailed down? Jesus Christ.

As a burnt offering speaks of that hell fire which Jesus would see but not experience since he is pure. Isaac was spared in place of a ram, symbolizing that Jesus would live after the sacrifice and that ram burning instead, that sinful devil who loses his power over those who accepted Christ in Sheol and were allowed to go into Heaven with Christ as he rose up again.

Luke 17
http://biblehub.com/kjv/luke/16.htm

"He came to set the captives free" as it is written in the bible.

Isiah in the old testament foretells about Christ to.
http://biblehub.com/kjv/isaiah/53.htm

And the virgin birth

Isaiah 7, verse 14
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/isaiah/7.htm

The word is originally not virgin but young girl of marriageable age. However Hebrew girls that would be marriageable were required to be virgins otherwise they would be put to death if they didn't bleed after the marriage ceremony while she consummated the marriage with sex with her husband.

If her bed was not bloody after the man had sex with her, she would be exposed as an adulterous who cheated on her husband by sleeping with another man before she was married and would be stoned to death as it is written in the laws of God told by Moses.

The word Immanuel means "God is with us", meaning God would be among us in the flesh as Jesus Christ.










The prophecy is overwhelming and all these writings are separated by hundreds and thousands of years and told by different prophets and writings and yet they all support each other and the idea of a Messiah coming and saving us from sins death.

There are many more references to in the old testament and Jesus in the new testament fulfilling these sayings and writings such as Jonah being the the belly of the fish for 3 days and Noah's ark being spared judgement in a pitch covered vessel.

The Exodus in Egypt with Moses is another where lambs blood is being put on a house to protect it from judgement, again a sacrifice that saves the first born a.k.a. Jesus blood protecting those with the blood covering as the judgement of God spares the house with people in it from judgment. Also the first born dying who didn't have it symbolizing Jesus dying himself as our substitute being the first and only born of GOD.

It was also to prove to the Egyptians that their God of fertility and death was false since GOD himself destroyed their power. Each of the plagues were linked to gods or idols that Egyptians worshiped. The Nile turning to blood, Locust destroying crops, etc.

Also the death of the body doesn't mean death of the soul, we're not told what happened to the first born of Egypt after they died physically though they were likely judged or spared according to their actions as the bible describes though lets also keep in mind that Pharaoh was stubborn to let the children of Israel go free so these deaths were on him.

Pharaoh was stubborn and God strengthened the pharaoh's stubbornness since Pharaoh insisted on disobeying the one true GOD, even after GOD continually was proving Pharaoh's gods or idols were powerless and false.

Not to mention that in the beginning of this story, Pharaoh ordered all the Hebrew baby males to be killed throughout the land of Egypt.


Throughout the rest of the bible GOD teaches good vs evil and lets the people see and experience the consequences of disobeying GOD through himself and their enemies and/or the benefits and blessings of GOD's forgiveness, grace, riches, and healing because of obeying him and treating each other with love and showing mercy.

And finally the clincher

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+53&version=KJV

The whole crucifixion foretold in here and pretty hard to deny it when you read this.

Also check this out to

Genesis 14

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis+14&version=KJV

"Melchizedek the High priest that blessed Abraham, had no mother or father, no record of his beginning or end. Because of this, many believe he was a Christophany or preincarnate image of Jesus."

He even brought bread and wine...last supper anyone? Razz

Look up what all the names given mean to and you'll see a strong connection to Jesus.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mugenarchive.com
Erroratu

avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 19
Location : Bosnia and Hercegovina

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?   February 14th 2014, 4:14 am

Hey Ax how about you go to a forum thats about religion and post this there,and not here!
This is a M.u.g.e.n forum,for fucks sake!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XXDreamBrotherXX

avatar

Posts : 842
Join date : 2012-06-15
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?   February 14th 2014, 4:52 am

I say let him do his thing, it's not like you have to read it right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tordello89

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2013-06-15

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?   February 14th 2014, 5:21 am

Yeah if it bothers you it's your problem not ax's..forum were born to make people express themselves not to censore em..anyone is free to live his spiritual side in the way he feels it, if you don't agree, don't read and don't post..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JARRO77

avatar

Posts : 1139
Join date : 2012-06-01
Age : 25
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?   February 14th 2014, 6:52 am

@tordello89 wrote:
Yeah if it bothers you it's your problem not ax's..forum were born to make people express themselves not to censore em..anyone is free to live his spiritual side in the way he feels it, if you don't agree, don't read and don't post..

super agree with this message
 clap Twisted Evil  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tordello89

avatar

Posts : 283
Join date : 2013-06-15

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?   February 14th 2014, 7:48 am

P.S. I just want to add that I'm not totally agree with ax, but I just respect his thoughts/feelings.
End of the discussion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZVitor

avatar

Posts : 171
Join date : 2012-05-15
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?   February 14th 2014, 12:46 pm

hey Ax,
what you tink about new Pope?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zvitor.com.br
Angelus_Silverhead

avatar

Posts : 1495
Join date : 2012-05-01
Age : 26
Location : Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?   February 14th 2014, 1:14 pm

I'm orthodox christian. Christianity not only teaches a person how to love and understanding, but also raises the moral values ​​that allow you to save society. Let's be honest, the modern world is rotting in disbelief. Russian Empire was one of the greatest powers in the world before the revolution. But after the arrival of the new century atheism and morals all fell into the shit. Christianity - is not just a belief in God. This is our life, our children, our honor and our future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rafhot

avatar

Posts : 180
Join date : 2012-05-20

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?   February 14th 2014, 2:28 pm

i respect all relligions, my mother come from a catholic family my father is jewish. i have the liberty to choose what religion be mine

but i choose not be part of any because if you research all religions have his dark past and dark decisions

this song represents what i believe and how i want things to be for everyone

i prefer to be the god from my own universe and do the right thing by my own, but i respect and never discuss religion and such things
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus_Silverhead

avatar

Posts : 1495
Join date : 2012-05-01
Age : 26
Location : Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?   February 14th 2014, 3:06 pm

Religion sages the world and morality from destruction. Without this there is no hope for good society, for our children's future. Haven and hell is exist... And look to the mugen! This game is prove it! We can create anything here. Without us mugen is nothing, it is dead. Like our world without God...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ax

avatar

Posts : 3183
Join date : 2012-06-02
Location : https://mugenarchive.com

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?   February 14th 2014, 5:05 pm

I just figured this was the "Everything Else" section so why not if it might help someone learn a little about this controversial belief. It's up to you to read it if you like or not. I wrote Christianity in the title so anyone could have just skipped the thread by seeing the title if it's something no one wants any part of.

As a believer I am required to "spread the word" about it around the world, even if it means hurting my reputation or endangering my own life, it's entirely up to you if you want to accept it or deny it. I or anyone else who truly believe won't and can't force anyone, as it is written.

Sorry if I offended anyone but it's my cross to bear.

Luke 14:27 wrote:
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

@zvitor,

I think Jesus would disapprove of "POPE"

It means...

The word pope derives from Greek πάππας meaning "Father".

In the bible Jesus Christ says...

Matthew 23:9 wrote:
7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi. 8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. 9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Rabbi means Teacher btw

So for some Roman guy coming from a history of Romans who persecuted Jews and Christians saying he's a father "pope" or "teacher" or "master" is not a representative or a follower of Jesus Christ, a Jew who established Christianity, ironically.

Also note that anyone who is greater than you HAS to serve you. A Pope typically has hundreds or thousands of men and women serving him instead when he should be personally going door to door offering to help anyone he can, living an exhausting life similar to that of a laborer in the third world country.

In other parts of the bible Jesus insists that the rich have to become poor! The POPE and Catholic Vatican is regarded as being the richest in the world!

Read Later:
 

In other parts in the bible Jesus tells others to do charity in secret as well as prayers yet this particular group does both in public to be seen of men and to be loved and served of them.



Now take into account what Jesus said about the priest and leaders at that time

Matthew 23:1-6 wrote:
23 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2 Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

Again Jesus Christ is against priestly men who teach but do not follow his teachings. Men who won't lower themselves to help others in contradiction to what the Tora taught and what Jesus himself taught as well.

The Catholic order established and protected the faith after the Apostles writings but they themselves of the Catholic order have become as the Pharisees and teach contrary to Jesus Christ in their traditions.

Another thing to note is the WORKS issue such as charity and other things like that.

This can apply to any "christian Group", Catholic, Protestant, Lutheran, etc.

Matthew 7 wrote:
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So even though you do works such as charity, telling others about GOD, perform exorcisms, and use Christian speak, GOD himself will deny you access into heaven because you yourself lived and did works not to GOD's ways, the 10 commandments and how Jesus teaches to live as it is written above  06 in Matthew & Luke and in the old testament in certain situations.




In short, we aren't to be a part of any of these guys, Catholics, protestants, Lutherans, etc. but we are to simply follow Christ and his word. He is the WAY, the ONLY WAY to GOD, and it's a very narrow and difficult and straight path to walk.


Last edited by Ax on February 20th 2014, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mugenarchive.com
Ax

avatar

Posts : 3183
Join date : 2012-06-02
Location : https://mugenarchive.com

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?   February 14th 2014, 5:24 pm

@rafhot,

Don't confuse the religion of men vs. the religion of GOD. Even so GOD is not a religion but a personal relationship! Religion caused me to become atheist for many years and even Satanist because of Religion.

GOD/Jesus in my previous post as written in the bible explains that they don't like Religion and in other parts of the bible, old and new testament, they explain how these people will suffer greatly for misrepresenting GOD. GOD even hates cults, and other religions because they all teach falsely or take people away from the real GOD.

These are his statements to btw, not the statements of the followers. The devil will try anything to get you away from the real GOD, even if that god(s) teaches love or instead teaches hate, if it's not him, it's wrong according to him, the true and real GOD.

Christians particularly are to respect in love of others, but at no time are we to join with other religions. This is forbidden by GOD himself!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mugenarchive.com
super_joker



Posts : 68
Join date : 2013-07-25

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?   February 16th 2014, 4:25 am

Ax...
you have a lot of time in your hands...


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus_Silverhead

avatar

Posts : 1495
Join date : 2012-05-01
Age : 26
Location : Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?   February 16th 2014, 4:37 am

I can not agree with you, Ax . Christianity is not to blame that the Catholic Church is screwed up for so many years. The Orthodox Church has always been a fact that made ​​my country great. Aleksakndr Nevsky defeated the Teutonic Knights vile because in our country before faith and love are one and the same. Moreover, the highly respected Orthodox Christians and other religions... But you can not know , because deeply studied this question. Do you think that Catholics and Protestants - it's Christianity? Then you are sadly mistaken and still have work to do...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManicMagnet



Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-02-27

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?   February 28th 2014, 3:31 pm

I don't mean to say that you're wrong Ax. but what you wrote is not exactly true.

God is God, he's not an abstract source of life. He is a loving person.

Choosing sin, isn't choosing death, it's choosing evil, and evil is hurtful to everyone.

Just because you do evil, doesn't mean you are evil, it means you are being evil.

Being evil is wrong, it's bad, it's unloving, and very unhealthy for you.

Sin is evil. It doesn't make you evil, it simply means you are being evil.

God wants you to be loving, he wants you to not listen to evil. He wants what's best for you and evil is the worst thing for you.

God, and Christ, Love you, they will always be there for you, and they have always been there for you. If you Listen to them, and open your heart to them, you will be being good, and loving.

God does not forsake you for being evil. God never forsakes you. When you believe you are forsaken by god, you live a life of forsakenness, please try to understand the difference.

No matter what happens in your life, always remember, that Christ and god love you, and will always be there for you. They are not silent, they are simply speaking to you, to your being, and if you cannot hear them, it means you are not listening to them.

Furthermore, god DOES NOT punish you for your sins. You are either saved, or you are not saved. If you are not saved, it is because you have chosen to believe you are evil. Its NOT because you have sinned. Sin is dangerous, the believe that you are evil is dangerous, that is why the bible emphasizes the importance of not being a sinful person. Because it CAN lead you to believe you are evil, and also CAN lead you to love evil. Those are the only dangers to your spirit.

LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY (using capitals as emphasis, not volume.) If you DO NOT believe you are evil, and you believe in the Lord, the Lord will save you. If you DO NOT believe you are evil, but you don't believe in the Lord, yet you believe in God, you will have to wait for God to call you, to be saved. If you Believe you are evil, you will not be saved. It's really that simple. You ARE NOT evil, you have been, or are, being evil. YOU ARE NOT WHAT YOU DO, YOU ARE WHO YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE.

Now that I have set this issue straight. please remember, that you are not condemned by god, you can only be condemned by yourself.


Last edited by ManicMagnet on February 28th 2014, 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Needed ammending)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY ABOUT?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: General :: Everything Else-
Jump to: