AuthorMessage
RobiWanKen0bi

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Sinister by BigPimp   July 18th 2013, 5:38 am

Yay!!! Made my day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Sinister by BigPimp   July 18th 2013, 9:19 am

its seem that all apocalypse fans are also sinister fans and vice versa:scratch: 
well anyway, now working on punches and got to thinking. some time ago i noticed that several boss chars are using same punches/kicks for different positions (crouch/stand/air) like dr doom using his laucher kick three times. magneto crouch kicks and thanos is like full of dublicates

before that i was making every punch/kick unique, but now im kinda searching for ways to cut excessive work, so what do you guys think about cuts like these? like say using regular weak punch for two positions? or using some kick in air and also in crouch? (heavy attacks would be definitely unique of course, no question there, since they are usually combo finishers)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arkady

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Sinister by BigPimp   July 18th 2013, 10:27 am

That's totally your call, i do that for some my wips, as i feel basics can end up looking 2nd tier to special moves, but the best thing to do is figure out what specials or moveset you want him doing and if they don't seem like there is too much in animation work (sprites in movement) maybe best to have some more in depth basics sprites, some fans would like to see more either way, I'm quite happy, as long as his moves or basics suit the character or true to the character, I'll be happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Sinister by BigPimp   July 18th 2013, 10:59 am

well, it seems specials/hypers wont have much movement. mostly because im not planning any physical contact-types sort a speak. planning on alot of cool flashy sfx though

and for sinister basics should be 2nd tier if you ask me. but so is for storm and magneto and some others, but in the end it only depends on how you play them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Sinister by BigPimp   July 18th 2013, 1:06 pm

well, im using these as well. but thanks anyway Ax
i guess this not really up for discussion. i probably shouldve done it and kept silent, nobody would noticed:) i mean some great characters from professional creators are using this re-using punches/kicks method. never heard anybody complained. i didnt even noticed myself, before started to look closely

anyway, i think ill go unique, as much as possible. i mean thats first time im making different forward and backward walking animations for character, so it would be odd to start cutting like this now i guess
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dev

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Sinister by BigPimp   July 18th 2013, 2:15 pm

Honestly I wouldn't mind cutting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Sinister by BigPimp   July 18th 2013, 5:51 pm

well it depends. on how you want to get character. good up to the little things, or acceptable and faster
i mean im trying to avoid frankenspriting as much as possible, cuz i hate it. with shocker for basics it were mostly air/stand/crouch swaps from capamerica. +cap had few extra attacks anims when he looses shield.
with deathstrike punches it was easy also. rogue has many extra anims for powers steal. kicks though they were to distinguish, so i used many of psylockes and chun li's there

now urien. he has some extra anims. not enough
avoid frankenspriting is the only reason i want to make cuts, but using different bases is good way also. i got only alex from sf3 in mind..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warecus

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Sinister by BigPimp   July 18th 2013, 5:57 pm

You know all basics don't have to be physical. For example one attack can be a astral projection. Another can be grow mutated vines from ground. Another can be like dr doom where he uses a weapon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Sinister by BigPimp   July 18th 2013, 6:10 pm

yeah thanks, those veins idea good for some heavy kick i think. im not fan of these things, but since most boss-like characters are using it, why not?Smile 
im not really good with canon comic. maybe you guys can help me out here? and if effects are provided it would be perfect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mazemerald

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Sinister by BigPimp   July 18th 2013, 6:13 pm

oh man!

this char will be the excellent boss for x-men

simply amazing! you to sprite so good!

perfect traces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Sinister by BigPimp   July 18th 2013, 7:06 pm

although you know what, guys? i changed my mind. i think regular attacks is the best option, so no effects needed. i got all i need, so i probably return when pucnhes are done, or all basics to show in a video:cheers: 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arkady

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Sinister by BigPimp   July 19th 2013, 4:30 am

If you want more bases other than urien, there's always sagat, plus maybe sagats throw would suit him
the one where he holds player 2 in the air by the neck, then he can knee him or attack some other way, electrocute perhaps, also speaking of basics too, light punches and light kicks can also include elbows and kneeing the opponent, so that helps when searching for alternatives
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mr. Sinister by BigPimp
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Projects-
Jump to: