Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dc Cheetah Wip
by ernes Today at 10:55 pm

» CAPCOM VS SNK - STAGE PACK 2016
by mazemerald Today at 10:49 pm

» doctrine dark from street fighter ex released!
by naruto Today at 10:29 pm

» How to fight a character with it's default pallete
by patz2509 Today at 10:25 pm

» A basic "The less health, the more knockback" code?
by Mega_Man Today at 8:35 pm

» Spector Palettes
by tony spector Today at 8:19 pm

Special Features at MMV

Share | 

The Grand Kai - WIP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lucaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grand Kai - WIP   January 30th 2014, 4:03 am

Ax,
It's amazing how you manage to animate him very well.

I wish have your skills oneday   
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
lucaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grand Kai - WIP   January 31st 2014, 2:30 am

"Alpha" state ? Coud you explain that term, please ? (though i'm not sure with "beta" either...)

Anyway I like the animation ! it's seems easy for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grand Kai - WIP   January 31st 2014, 9:10 pm

Thanks,
@Ax wrote:
Sure thing.

A character that is released at alpha level or as an alpha is a character release that doesn't have all the basics required to be playable. There are some exceptions however in cases of a wip having the goal of being a port from some old 8-bit games or later where there isn't animations like getting hit or falling down for some characters, such as Super Mario Bros NES. That or a custom style of gameplay where the gameplay is altered, usually for full games and typically for games like card battles, rpg turn based battles, and possibly shooters. Many things have been done with this engine using clever character coding.

Btw, Baron Zemo last release was an "Alpha", right ?

@Ax wrote:

Usually this is done in comparison to either the original characters from their original games or a custom design of a completed character for a specific custom mugen game.

Ok but I don't really understand this part...You are talking about the "base" used for character ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grand Kai - WIP   January 31st 2014, 10:51 pm

@Ax wrote:

No I am referring to a fighter type such as MvC style, it is different from SNK style. MvC has 6-buttons fighting while snk has 4-button fighting. In MSH you have infinity gems but in other fighters such as MK, you don't.

When you finish your character, you are either trying to make it so it has the same stuff as where the game comes from or you are making a custom character, in which case the standards are different for what is deemed complete/finished. These are the choices to which you can compare to decide whether your wip is finished or incomplete.

Ok I get it now...For my concern, I'm not yet really decide the "fighter type" for Ivy...but whatever.

Thanks for the clarification.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tordello89

PostSubject: Re: The Grand Kai - WIP   February 1st 2014, 10:04 am

this char kicks ass, ax you did such a great job!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucaster

PostSubject: Re: The Grand Kai - WIP   February 2nd 2014, 12:13 am

@Ax wrote:

I recommend going custom, full game versions are limited in that everything has to conform. In custom, you can make as many attacks as you want, you can limit whatever you like to limit, it's completely up to you on how your character will play and what they'll have. Going custom means you can throw out the rule book and do whatever you want :lol!:You can give your characters combo breakers, a feature that doesn't exist in MSH or you can make fatalities for Street Fighter characters like in mortal kombat  

Yeah I already few idea for Ivy...like for example "Jump Forward = Medium/Strong air Kick " stuff like that  

@Ax wrote:

My Joker was developed like this and because I shared my early work, others made great suggestions on things to add into the character. It was almost as if we built him together. I share my alphas usually on xat chats such as MugenArcadia and there immediately users tell me about a good good fish animation I could add on Joker for this size or for this attack. They even offered replacement ideas which ended up working even better than my original ideas.

It was a lot like team work, it's hard to come up with everything on your own. 2 heads are better than 1 Wink

The origin of Joker's Pogo stick super jump came from these guys on that chat.  Idea

Well, seems great to works with others but...

As a novice, the only things that I'm really afraid of...is oneday there are some newbie (or not) take, use and do sh**t with my original works then claim it's their own entirely works without I know it (or do) and before I have the time to finish for the official release.  

So that's why for now my works are not yet open source.

EDIT :
Off topic (or not):  One of my favorite movie are the Fountainhead by King Vidor with Gary Cooper...it's about "The individual against the collective."
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Grand Kai - WIP   February 8th 2014, 1:11 am

@Ax wrote:
Working out a base for Android 16

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://i.imgur.com/A2MoUyW.png

Really hard base to get ready. This will require a lot of work!!!  Crying or Very sad 
The T.Hawk One Hands Down
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://captmugen.weebly.com

The Grand Kai - WIP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Projects-
Jump to: