» cvs2 lifebars
by TheRedBeast Today at 3:39 am

» Eric Draven [The Crow]
by ParaDo0x Today at 1:23 am

» Dc Cheetah Wip
by Shining Today at 12:42 am

» CAPCOM VS SNK - STAGE PACK 2016
by Shining Today at 12:41 am

» doctrine dark from street fighter ex released!
by MEWTWO! Today at 12:41 am

Special Features at MMV

Share | 

Why do people stay with WinMUGEN?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
batcat74

PostSubject: Re: Why do people stay with WinMUGEN?   September 12th 2013, 11:02 pm

because some screen packs aren't 1.0 but still are sweet as hell.......plus no 1.0 screenpack utilizes these half face ports
https://www.youtube.com/user/batcat74
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JEDDragon

PostSubject: Re: Why do people stay with WinMUGEN?   September 12th 2013, 11:23 pm

@Chimoru wrote:
I liked 1.0.  I also liked winmugen, but my time with Winmugen needed to come to an end. The deciding factor with me, was that there was more to make with 1.0.  That was the direction MUGEN was heading in.  New doors opened.  They opened again with 1.1.  Sure, there is some adjusting to do, but if that doesn't bother you, then the sky is the limit!  I'm always adjusting MUGEN.  It's always changing and growing.  I'm glad for that.  Some games hit a wall and then the community dies. I'm glad MUGEN seems to be staying strong.
sadly he's right 1.0 when I did gundam I was using winmugen what most people call stage effects I had to use vars alot and seeing gundam is super detailed I was running out of vars Razz

the fact that 1.0 let use stages effects (like groundless air stages or even underwater stages) with the stages name being use to detect and change the the basic movements of a char expanded the possibilities

after trying 1.1 hover now the possibility using super arena sized or battle assault or even art of fighting where you can use the zoom system
like for me 1.1 has this thing with projectiles where they have range limit that may suck for some people who have to fix that but for me
it good for adding range limits to the gundams and letting lager chars have more walking room.
for although winmugen was good it lacked what 1.0 has opened more possibilities in adding detail like for instance I now A GUY NAMED Guy in the mugen world who is obsessed with scaling chars so far 1.1 gives him his dream.

so it be cool for those who want more detail in there work sadly winmugen is like PC is to a Mac (though I like PC more anyway but not afraid to use mac myself)

PC have been used so much and have been established so well that mac really is a minority and are often ignored Razz

winmugen has a S load of chars over the years so try converting something like is pain though so far winmugen edge is like a PC
it's old everyone trust it and less work to convert stuff that it runs well on old computers

still you could actuly scale 1.0 to the scale winmugen has with no prob

BTW if AX is reading this I tried your 4 vs 4 .exe program it work with 1.1 but it has a color rendering prob can fix that for 1.1 Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jedex.webs.com/
Fist Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Why do people stay with WinMUGEN?   September 13th 2013, 10:26 am

Well...

it's because when play 1.0, it lags on me...

so that's because i'm still on WinMugen...

...and Everything vs Everything rocks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadman

PostSubject: Re: Why do people stay with WinMUGEN?   September 13th 2013, 11:08 am

There is an EVE SP for 1.0 lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Why do people stay with WinMUGEN?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Discussion-
Jump to: