Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Happy ~Birthday~ to *** Doom ***
by malevka1 Today at 4:00 pm

» SDK Akira & SDK Bontenmaru updated by KYOTARO on 2017-07-22
by borewood2013 Today at 3:48 pm

» [FORUM GAME] "The end of your MMV username is the beginning of another MMV username" + "one (1) line of description about the good things with that another MMV member"
by borewood2013 Today at 3:40 pm

» Superman by Jmaxximus & Electro
by yolomate Today at 3:33 pm

» cvs chars deviantart
by carlos emmanuel Today at 2:03 pm

» Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite general discussion topic
by NamelessOnlinePlayer Today at 12:49 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Share | 

ARE YOU A SPRITER? how do you make your sprites?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mazemerald

PostSubject: ARE YOU A SPRITER? how do you make your sprites?   August 8th 2017, 1:45 pm

how do you make your sprites,what's your favorite technique to make sprites.

1 - to draw from zero on paint / photoshop or another tool
2 - use bases like frankenspriting
3 - sketch art
4 - draw on graphic tablet

share with us how you make your sprites to inspire other mugen starters create your own sprites.

in your opinion which does the technique seems to bring out the better result?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus_Silverhead

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU A SPRITER? how do you make your sprites?   August 8th 2017, 2:12 pm

I'am using different bases, but few times I draw from zero. Also sketch art is cool to use. It creates a lot of refferences to classic stories. For a long time I have using paint and still work in paint. For smart palette I have using sprite mixing and combination by few different sheets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ELECTRO

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU A SPRITER? how do you make your sprites?   August 8th 2017, 3:15 pm

Making sprites is one of my favorite things to do. I use Gimp because it loads quick & is simple to use. I sometimes use an old program called MGI PhotoSuite 95 because it has a palette feature that easily let's me change the colors on a palette & Gimp doesn't seem to have this function. If i'm making a character & the character needs some new moves then I will try to use existing sprites & manipulate them into new attacks, but if I can't then I will get as close as possible & just draw the rest freehand. I have also draw out my own stuff from scratch like portraits & characters, but this does not happen to often because of time & trying to keep my Mugen release schedule. If i'm working on a stage & I need to extend the top of the stage for a superjump, then I will also freehand the sprites & try to match the original art as best I can. Here is an old video of me extending the top of a stage.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://electroslair.blogspot.com/
Doom

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU A SPRITER? how do you make your sprites?   August 8th 2017, 4:09 pm

Since I'm not a cartoonist, I use base. Eventually I can draw some sprites if necessary. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fede de 10

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU A SPRITER? how do you make your sprites?   August 8th 2017, 4:54 pm

I use a program called Paint Shop Pro, it has a wide range of features for Frankeinspriting, but many times you have to do the sprites from cero. And as a secondary tool I use ff3 to give details.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Discussion-
Jump to: