» [DEMO-BOR] Avengers United Battle Force
by O Ilusionista Yesterday at 9:54 pm

» Happy ~Birthday~ to *** Doom ***
by arose87 Yesterday at 9:54 pm

» Check Out The Channel!
by arose87 Yesterday at 9:11 pm

» Yurin released by sakuraka on 2017-08-19
by Doom Yesterday at 8:22 pm

» [MUGEN1.1] Pimkin Night by 南瓜鬼夜 (GodFatherEnergyCircle)
by Doom Yesterday at 8:16 pm

» Kaiohken Goku released by 214/サニケマ on 2017-08-18
by Doom Yesterday at 8:13 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Share | 

Variables and helpers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mega_Man

PostSubject: Variables and helpers   June 22nd 2017, 12:20 am

How do I set up variables for helpers?

I am trying to make a damage thing that is based around a variable

(damage = var(5) + 20)

However it does not work. Doing it for another hitdef that is not attached to a helper however does. How come?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: Variables and helpers   June 22nd 2017, 7:56 am

Use Arrow : (damage = root, var(5) + 20)

Provided that var(5) is being added/set by the main non-MUGEN-Helper Player only.....

After your MUGEN Helper hits its MUGEN Enemies, use ParentVarAdd/ParentVarSet to change var(5) for its main non-MUGEN-Helper Player. Wink

MUGEN note: if your attacking MUGEN Helper is called by another MUGEN Helper which is called by the main non-MUGEN-Helper Player, then ParentVarAdd/ParentVarSet may not work for that.  You have to make extra MUGEN code in all "nested" MUGEN Helpers and their root owner (aka the main non-MUGEN-Helper Player) to get all those MUGEN Variables work in harmony.......... geek............ONLY IF MUGEN Engine had something like RootVarAdd/RootVarSet in the first place.... Razz .......why the heck not yet, Elecbyte!!!!!!!!!!!! bomb bomb bomb
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Mega_Man

PostSubject: Re: Variables and helpers   June 22nd 2017, 11:43 am

@borewood2013 wrote:
Use Arrow : (damage = root, var(5) + 20)

Provided that var(5) is being added/set by the main non-MUGEN-Helper Player only.....

After your MUGEN Helper hits its MUGEN Enemies, use ParentVarAdd/ParentVarSet to change var(5) for its main non-MUGEN-Helper Player. Wink

MUGEN note: if your attacking MUGEN Helper is called by another MUGEN Helper which is called by the main non-MUGEN-Helper Player, then ParentVarAdd/ParentVarSet may not work for that.  You have to make extra MUGEN code in all "nested" MUGEN Helpers and their root owner (aka the main non-MUGEN-Helper Player) to get all those MUGEN Variables work in harmony.......... geek............ONLY IF MUGEN Engine had something like RootVarAdd/RootVarSet in the first place.... Razz .......why the heck not yet, Elecbyte!!!!!!!!!!!! bomb bomb bomb

It's weird that variables do not work for helpers unless using the root which is towards the player character. But thanks for the help! I spend 30 minutes trying to work out the problem lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Variables and helpers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Help-
Jump to: