Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Happy ~Birthday~ to *** Doom ***
by Doom Today at 7:34 am

» WHP Ryofu (Original author is shimon) greatly edited/updated by HaiJin on 2017-07-03
by Doom Today at 7:04 am

» [FORUM GAME] "The end of your MMV username is the beginning of another MMV username" + "one (1) line of description about the good things with that another MMV member"
by Doom Today at 6:51 am

» Superman by Jmaxximus & Electro
by Doom Today at 6:49 am

» Vs.Style DEBUTS UNKNOWN SOLDIER W.i.P
by Doom Today at 6:47 am

» Five (5) mugenized KF-X characters by ZETA on 2017-08-18
by borewood2013 Today at 5:48 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Share | 

Comparing distance against another helper?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mega_Man

PostSubject: Comparing distance against another helper?   June 3rd 2017, 2:19 pm

So I'm trying to make this one attack where if it's in a certain position between one helper and another and the player presses X, then it will do damage to the opponent. I wonder, how can I have the distance between two helpers detected?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: Comparing distance against another helper?   June 5th 2017, 5:59 am

Assume your MUGEN Player has two (2) MUGEN Helpers => Helper(1234) and Helper(5678)...  study

The distance of Helper(1234) and Helper(5678) might be gotten this MUGEN way Arrow :
Code:
Abs(Helper(1234), Pos X - Helper(5678), Pos X)

* you have to use the MUGEN Trigger NumHelper() to check for Helper(1234) and Helper(5678) in advance...
* the use of the MUGEN Trigger Abs() is to make sure the distance gotten is a positive number.... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Mega_Man

PostSubject: Re: Comparing distance against another helper?   June 5th 2017, 7:39 am

@borewood2013 wrote:
Assume your MUGEN Player has two (2) MUGEN Helpers => Helper(1234) and Helper(5678)...  study

The distance of Helper(1234) and Helper(5678) might be gotten this MUGEN way Arrow :
Code:

* you have to use the MUGEN Trigger NumHelper() to check for Helper(1234) and Helper(5678) in advance...
* the use of the MUGEN Trigger Abs() is to make sure the distance gotten is a positive number.... Wink

Very useful! Thanks. The character right now just assumes the helper position with the root distance. I think this is fine because the character never really moves during the attack anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
borewood2013

PostSubject: Re: Comparing distance against another helper?   June 5th 2017, 4:56 pm

@Mega_Man wrote:
@borewood2013 wrote:

Code:

Very useful! Thanks. The character right now just assumes the helper position with the root distance. I think this is fine because the character never really moves during the attack anyways.

Some MUGEN creators/authors suggest to use "Abs(???, Pos X/Y - ???, Pos X/Y)" for all MUGEN X/Y distances between everything, rather than those native X/Y-distance-related MUGEN Triggers.........I guess it depends on some MUGEN cases though.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E

Comparing distance against another helper?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Help-
Jump to: