Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Share | 

Metal band looking for a mugen team

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nightstalker

PostSubject: Metal band looking for a mugen team   May 15th 2017, 5:44 pm

Hi, my name is Steve Fabry. I'm the bass player and singer of Sercati and The Nightstalker.

I would like to ask few questions

We would like to adapt our universe in video game, but we didn't know anything about mugen game.

In our songs, we tell the story of a fallen angel (Our main character - The Nightstalker) who decided to descend on Earth and protect human of the demons of Lucifer. And we would like to know it's possible for someone to collaborate with us to made a mugen game about our characters and universe (sprite of the character and other). The universe is really good to made a versus fight game (each character has his own fight abilities)

We released 3 albums with Sercati and 4 albums with The Nightstalker about this universe and i wrote 2 books about the adventure of The Nightstalker. (The first will be release the 9 september under "Le monde des étoiles éditions")

Here is our links

https://www.facebook.com/Thenightstalkerofficial

https://www.facebook.com/Sercati

www.sercati.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeL4jRqUP_c-mpOatP6NaJw

If you want to help us in this try. It will be a pleasure for us Very Happy

Have a nice day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Metal band looking for a mugen team   May 15th 2017, 9:36 pm

its no easy!! and some people here says "gime money I created for money"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRedBeast

PostSubject: Re: Metal band looking for a mugen team   May 15th 2017, 11:22 pm

hes right about that, but not evrybody is like that you will find someone for sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aℓίcℯ

PostSubject: Re: Metal band looking for a mugen team   May 15th 2017, 11:25 pm

The words "metal band" got me to watch. :­P

Can I ask if you are planning to sell such game?
Since you're saying you didn't know about the mugen engine, I guess it's convenient to inform (now when it's early) that games made with mugen can't be sold. If you plan to sell it there are other engines out there that are perfect to build your own game, with far less limitations might add.

But if it's just a non-profit project to get your story better known, then it's all cool.

Probably will be hard to get people to join if you don't give anything in return. In most cases you will have to hire/comission artists and coders. If you are actually looking to comission people then I suggest you look around in the mugen community, several mugen forums exist, not just in one place, to have a better range of options to choose from.(quality, styles, cost, etc..that suits you)

You still may get lucky and find someone who gets interested enough to do it for free, although chances are usually minimal.

Checked the youtube channel, and actually liked some of those melodies, although camera work could improve in those clips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Helio

PostSubject: Re: Metal band looking for a mugen team   May 16th 2017, 3:24 am

Cool project.

I guess you have already drawn the look of the characeters of your universe but, how flexible is it?

It would be easier if you search for already playable Mugen chars similar to the characters of your universe. For instance, maybe your Lucifer looks like Firebrand from Ghosts 'n Ghouls, or like Jedah from DarkStalkers and you could use one of them instead of making a new char.

There are a lot of of chars and stages that might fit to your ideas. That would be a quick solution or a first step from where you can improve your own game little by little.
Duracellu has recently release a huge pack of KOF like chars and I'm sure you can find there many suitable ones.

And, of course, if you want a specific and unique look for your chars, the one that truly match what is told in your books and songs, then you should consider contact one of the many great creators that are able to develop a project like yours and ask how much it would take. Maybe it is worth it to make it from scratch.

Anyway. Good luck.

I'm not very familiar with metal music but the closest I know (and maybe you like it) is Tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF752IDDqNE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightstalker

PostSubject: Re: Metal band looking for a mugen team   May 16th 2017, 6:28 am

Hi

Thanks for all your answer Smile

I know it's very difficult to find some guys to create our characters for Mugen games. We will not sell it. It's just another way for our followers to plunge in our universe and this time play with the main character (not just listen his story). Just share it as much as we can by our website and the label distribution. We have a good distribution for all our stuff (metal webzine / magazine / radio...)

If you know some guys who would like to help, send them to us Smile

(By the way, i like Tool :p )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ColdDarkness

PostSubject: Re: Metal band looking for a mugen team   May 16th 2017, 6:39 am

Not bad! I also metalhed and play in metal band
Back to top Go down
View user profile
demunlawin

PostSubject: Re: Metal band looking for a mugen team   May 16th 2017, 10:29 am

Try funding your project to Patreon... it/this idea of your band on mugen might work...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Metal band looking for a mugen team   May 17th 2017, 9:22 am

first, moving to help because request section is not about asking for something to be made for you.

next, the only way this will happen is if you commission someone to make it, or you make it yourself.

mugen creation is about finding the incentive to put in the time and effort to create something. people either have that incentive to do it for themselves, or a few will pay people a commission to then invest their time and effort into whatever creation wise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Metal band looking for a mugen team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Multiverse :: Mugen :: Mugen Help-
Jump to: